Information regarding the Diploma Supplement
All degree certificates issued by state higher education institutions contain an appendix, a Diploma Supplement (DS), which describes the content and scope of the education that led to the degree. The Diploma Supplement is being issued in a widely spoke European language (English), given automatically and free of charge to every student upon graduation. The Diploma Supplement is intended as an aid in the recognition of higher education in Europe, and other parts of the world, in the academic world as well as in the professional sphere. Its purpose is to facilitate the work and study mobility between countries for people with higher education.
The Diploma Supplement is:
- an appendix to a degree ceritficate issued by a state higher education institution;
- an instrument for information regarding the Swedish higher education system, intended to make it easier for people with higher education to study and work in Europe;
- a precise and simple source of information which increases the understanding of individual degrees and documents; and
- always issued in English.
The Diploma Supplement is not:
- a substitute for the degree certificate, but an appendix to it;
- a guarantee that a programme will be recognised; or
- a curriculum vitae (CV).
Example of degree certificate and Diploma Supplement.