The RAP Director
The RAP Director, Prof. Dimiter Driankov, is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of the program. He reports to the RAP Board and the KK Foundation. He is authorised to do so by the ÖU Vice Chancellor.
The RAP Board
The RAP Board meets twice a year and constitutes the steering board for the program with a responsibility for:
- Co-ordination of the activities in the program including interactions with the industrial and university partners and supervision of their work within the framework of RAP.
- Steering RAP towards its objectives and contributing with project ideas, resources and competence.
- Recruitment of Ph.D. candidates and industrial partners to RAP and making decisions regarding acceptance of new Ph.D. students, industrial and university partners to RAP.
- Give recommendations for decisions to the ÖU Rector via the appointed academic representative in the Board.
Provide support to RAP Management in overcoming problematic situations and resolution of conflicts. These are identified and reported to the Board by RAP Management together with a proposal for appropriate course of action. The Board takes the final decision as to how a conflict/problem is to be resolved. In certain cases it puts forward a recommendation for action to the ÖU Rector. The RAP Board members are:
- Staffan Elfving, ABB Robotics, Västerås, Process- and Project-Leader Robotics (Tel.: 021-344333, 0705-344478; E-mail: ): The Chairman of the Board.
- Jörgen Appelgren, Atlas Copco Rock Drills AB, Systems Department (Tel.: 019 - 6707326, E-mail: ).
- Mats Hiertner, Senior Researcher, StoraEnso, Falun Research Center (E-mail: ).
- Peter Wide, deputy vice chancellor ÖU.
The RAP Management
RAP management consists of: RAP Director, RAP Director of Studies, RAP Co-ordinator and RAP Economy Administrator.
- The Co-ordinator, Prof. Thorsteinn Rögnvaldsson, has the responsibility for the industrial-network activities, industry-related participation in RAP. In his work the Co-ordinator requests and uses the help of the group of industrial mentors.
- The Director of Studies, Dr Boyko Iliev has the responsibility for the planning and management of the courses within the graduate program. In his work the Director of Studies requests and uses the help of the group of chief supervisors - one for each academic partner: Prof. Christer Norström (MdH), Prof. Antanas Verikas (HH) and Prof. Leo De Vin (HS).
- The RAP Economy Administrator, Katarina Fröding, assists in and administrates all financial and budgetary issues.