Anas AlhashimiTitle: Postdoctoral Researcher School/office: School of Science and Technology
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Anas Alhashimi
I am a post-doctoral researcher at Mobile Robotics and Olfaction Lab (MR&O) at Örebro University. I finished my PhD at the department of computer science, electrical and space engineering, Luleå university of technology (2018). I have Bachelors and MSc degrees in electronic and communications engineering (1999, 2002). I m interested in the following research topics:
- FMCW radar and Laser range finder (Lidar) for robotic applications
- Statistical sensor modeling and calibration
- Parameter estimation and model order selection under variable noise variance (heteroscedasticity)
- Joint parameters and state estimation (linear and non-linear systems)
- Monte Carlo methods
- Robot Localization and Mapping
- Robot Navigation and path-planning
- developed statistical sensor modeling and calibration algorithms
- developed joint parameters and state estimation algorithms for sensor calibration when the data is incomplete
- presented self-orgnizing neural networks for radar signal deinterleaving
- developed algorithms for identifing radar PRF (Pulse Repetition Frequency)
Articles in journals
- Alhashimi, A. , Magnusson, M. , Knorn, S. & Varagnolo, D. (2021). Calibrating Range Measurements of Lidars Using Fixed Landmarks in Unknown Positions. Sensors, 21 (1).
- Alhashimi, A. , Varagnolo, D. & Gustafsson, T. (2017). Calibrating distance sensors for terrestrial applications without groundtruth information. IEEE Sensors Journal, 17 (12), 3698-3709.
- Alhashimi, A. , Varagnolo, D. & Gustafsson, T. (2015). Joint Temperature-Lasing Mode Compensation for Time-of-Flight LiDAR Sensors. Sensors, 15 (12), 31205-31223.
- Alhashimi, A. (2012). The application of auto regressive spectrum modeling for identification of the intercepted radar signal frequency modulation. Inventi Impact - Telecom, 2012 (3).
- Alhashimi, A. (2011). Design and implementation of fast three stages SLA battery charger for PLC systems. Journal of Engineering, 17 (3), 448-465.
- Ata'a, A. & Abdullah, S. (2007). Deinterleaving of radar signals and PRF identification algorithms. IET radar, sonar & navigation, 1 (5), 340-347.
Chapters in books
- Alhashimi, A. , Pierobon, G. , Varagnolo, D. & Gustafsson, T. (2018). Modeling and Calibrating Triangulation Lidars for Indoor Applications. In: Kurosh Madani, Dimitri Peaucelle, Oleg Gusikhin, Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics: 13th International Conference, ICINCO 2016 Lisbon, Portugal, 29-31 July, 2016 (pp. 342-366). . Springer.
- Adolfsson, D. , Magnusson, M. , Alhashimi, A. , Lilienthal, A. & Andreasson, H. (2021). CFEAR Radarodometry - Conservative Filtering for Efficient and Accurate Radar Odometry. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2021). Paper presented at IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2021), Prague, Czech Republic, (Online Conference), September 27 - October 1, 2021 (pp. 5462-5469). IEEE.
- Alhashimi, A. , Del Favero, S. , Varagnolo, D. , Gustafsson, T. & Pillonetto, G. (2018). Bayesian strategies for calibrating heteroskedastic static sensors with unknown model structures. In: 2018 European Control Conference (ECC). Paper presented at European Control Conference (ECC), Limassol, Cyprus, June 12-15, 2018. (pp. 2447-2453). IEEE.
- Alhashimi, A. , Varagnolo, D. & Gustafsson, T. (2016). Statistical modeling and calibration of triangulation Lidars. In: Oleg Gusikhin; Dimitri Peaucelle; Kurosh Madani, ICINCO 2016 Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics. Paper presented at 13th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO 2016), Lisbon, Portugal, July 29-31, 2016. (pp. 308-317). SciTePress.