Anna SvärdTitle: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Anna Svärd
Anna is a PhD student at the department of Medical Sciences with focus on inflammation and infection. Her principal supervisor is professor Torbjörn Bengtsson at Cardiovacular Research Centre, CVRC. Annas assistant supervisor is Eleonor Palm, senior lecturer at the School of Health sciences. Annas PhD-studies is performed in collaboration with Linköping University where her assistant supervisor is Daniel Aili, professor at the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Annas research is aiming to develop and evaluate nanoscaled sensors for diagnostics of periodontitis. Her research also includes to evaluate the effect of an antimicrobial peptide in periodontal diseases.
Anna recieved her masters degree within the field of biomedicine from Linköping University in 2016 and prior to that also has a dentist certificate from Gothenburg University.
Articles in journals
- Palomar, Q. , Svärd, A. , Zeng, S. , Hu, Q. , Liu, F. , Aili, D. & Zhang, Z. (2022). Detection of gingipain activity using solid state nanopore sensors. Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical, 368.
- Svärd, A. , Hammerman, M. & Eliasson, P. (2020). Elastin levels are higher in healing tendons than in intact tendons and influence tissue compliance. The FASEB Journal, 34 (10), 13409-13418.
- Svärd, A. , Neilands, J. , Palm, E. , Svensäter, G. , Bengtsson, T. & Aili, D. (2020). Protein-Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles as Refractometric Nanoplasmonic Sensors for the Detection of Proteolytic Activity of Porphyromonas gingivalis. ACS Applied Nano Materials, 3 (10), 9822-9830.
- Rouhbakhsh, Z. , Aili, D. , Martinsson, E. , Svärd, A. , Bäck, M. , Housaindokht, M. R. , Nilsson, K. P. R. & Selegård, R. (2018). Self-Assembly of a Structurally Defined Chiro-Optical Peptide-Oligothiophene Hybrid Material. ACS Omega, 3 (11), 15066-15075.
- Khalaf, H. , Nakka, S. S. , Sandén, C. , Svärd, A. , Hultenby, K. , Scherbak, N. , Aili, D. & Bengtsson, T. (2016). Antibacterial effects of Lactobacillus and bacteriocin PLNC8 αβ on the periodontal pathogen Porphyromonas gingivalis. BMC Microbiology, 16 (1).