Christina ZetterlundTitle: Affiliated Researcher School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Christina Zetterlund
I am a M.Sc. optometrist and a PhD- student. I work in the Low Vision Clinic of Örebro as an optometrist. My research is dealing with the combined complaints from eyes and vision and musculoskeletal neck scapula area complaints.
Neck scapular area complaints are very common among low vision patients, with reoccuring relapses often becoming chronic situations. Neck scapular area complaints have been noticed to be twice as common among people with decreased visual performance according to a national health surveys conducted in 2008: “Hälsa på lika vilkor”.
Under instructions from my tutors: Associate professor Lars-Olov Lundqvist, Centre for Rehabilitation Research and Associate Professor Hans Richter, center of Musculoskeletal research, my research deals with self-registered complaints from eyes and vision, neck shoulder and balance proprioception combined with objectively ordinary refractive visual assessments, in order to confirm and identify those visual properties especially linked to these complaints.
The results are expected to elucidate the circumstances round these complaint and give indications on what could be changed to prevent further individual complaints, before they become chronic situations.
Articles in journals
- Zetterlund, C. , Lundqvist, L. & Richter, H. O. (2019). Visual, musculoskeletal and balance symptoms in individuals with visual impairment. Clinical and experimental optometry, 102 (1), 63-69.
- Domkin, D. , Richter, H. O. , Zetterlund, C. & Lundqvist, L. (2016). Effect of reduced visual acuity on precision of two-dimensional tracing movements. Journal of Optometry, 9 (2), 93-101.
- Lundqvist, L. , Zetterlund, C. & Richter, H. O. (2016). Reliability and Validity of the Visual, Musculoskeletal, and Balance Complaints Questionnaire. Optometry and Vision Science, 93 (9), 1147-1157.
- Zetterlund, C. , Richter, H. O. & Lundqvist, L. (2016). Visual, Musculoskeletal, and Balance Complaints in AMD: A Follow-Up Study. Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Lundqvist, L. , Zetterlund, C. & Richter, H. O. (2014). Effects of Feldenkrais Method on Chronic Neck/Scapular Pain in People With Visual Impairment: A Randomized Controlled Trial With One-Year Follow-Up. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 95 (9), 1656-1661.
- Richter, H. O. , Zetterlund, C. & Lundqvist, L. (2011). Eye-neck interactions triggered by visually deficient computer work. Work: A journal of Prevention, Assessment and rehabilitation, 39 (1), 67-78.
- Zetterlund, C. , Lundqvist, L. & Richter, H. O. (2009). The relationship between low vision and musculoskeletal complaints: a case control study between age-related macular degeneration patients and age-matched controls with normal vision. Journal of optometry, 2 (3), 127-133.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Zetterlund, C. (2017). Visual, musculoskeletal, and balance symptoms in people with visual impairments. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Zetterlund, C. , Lundqvist, L. & Richter, H. O. Visual, musculoskeletal and balance symptoms in individuals with visual impairment and with age-normal vision.