Jasmin GrosingerTitle: Postdoctoral Researcher School/office: School of Science and Technology
Phone: +46 19 301346
About Jasmin Grosinger
I am currently a researcher in Computer Science at the Center for Applied Autonomous Systems (AASS) where I am part of the Cognitive Robotics Lab. I received my PhD in Computer Science at the Örebro University, Sweden, in December 2019. Previously, I finished my Master and Bachelor in Medical Informatics at the Technical University of Vienna, Austria. I conducted parts of my undergraduate studies at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, and the University of Melbourne, Australia.
My research interests lie within the field of AI for autonomous agents in a real-world setting. Specifically I am interested in making robots proactive. By this I mean enabling them to infer their own goals and acting decisions, which they then pursue and achieve. The question of making robots proactive comprises a variety of different areas within AI, among others, goal reasoning, context awareness, automatic planning, action execution and monitoring. My work so far has been using knowledge-based models employing different types of logic.
Articles in journals
- Buyukgoz, S. , Grosinger, J. , Chetouani, M. & Saffiotti, A. (2022). Two ways to make your robot proactive: Reasoning about human intentions or reasoning about possible futures. Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 9.
- Grosinger, J. , Pecora, F. & Saffiotti, A. (2019). Robots that Maintain Equilibrium: Proactivity by Reasoning About User Intentions and Preferences. Pattern Recognition Letters, 118, 85-93.
- Grosinger, J. , Pecora, F. & Saffiotti, A. (2017). Proactivity through equilibrium maintenance with fuzzy desirability. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC). Paper presented at IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC 2017), Banff, AB, Canada, October 5-8, 2017. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Grosinger, J. , Pecora, F. & Saffiotti, A. (2016). Making Robots Proactive through Equilibrium Maintenance. In: 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Paper presented at 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, New York City, USA, 9-5 July, 2016.
- Bruno, B. , Grosinger, J. , Mastrogiovanni, F. , Pecora, F. , Saffiotti, A. , Sathyakeerthy, S. & Sgorbissa, A. (2015). Multi-modal sensing for human activity recognition. In: Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, Kobe, Japan, Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2015. Paper presented at 24th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), Kobe, Japan, August 31 - September 4, 2015 (pp. 594-600). New York: IEEE conference proceedings.
- Di Rocco, M. , Sathyakeerthy, S. , Grosinger, J. , Pecora, F. , Saffiotti, A. , Bonaccorsi, M. , Cavallo, F. , Limosani, R. & et al. (2014). A Planner for Ambient Assisted Living: From High-Level Reasoning to Low-Level Robot Execution and Back. In: Papers from the AAAI Spring Symposium. Paper presented at AAAI Spring Symposium on Qualitative Representations for Robots. March 23-25, 2014. Palo Alto, USA.. AAAI Press.
- Grosinger, J. , Pecora, F. & Saffiotti, A. (2014). Find Out Why Reading This Paper is an Opportunity of Type Opp0. In: CogRob 2014 The 9th International Workshop on Cognitive Robotics. Paper presented at CogRob 2014: The 9th International Workshop on Cognitive Robotics, Prague, Czech Republic, August 18-19, 2014.
- Grosinger, J. , Pecora, F. & Saffiotti, A. (2014). Robots and Bananas: Exploring Deliberation in Cognitive Robots. In: AI and Robotics Papers from the AAAI-14 Workshop. Paper presented at Workshops at the Twenty-Eighth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-14, Quebec, Canada, July 27-28, 2014.
- Grosinger, J. , Vetere, F. & Fitzpatrick, G. (2012). Agile Life: addressing knowledge and social motivations for active aging. In: Proceedings of the 24th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference. Paper presented at 24th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference, Melbourne, 26-30 November, 2012 (pp. 162-165). Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
Doctoral theses, monographs
- Grosinger, J. (2019). On Making Robots Proactive. (Doctoral dissertation). Örebro: Örebro University.