Lucas MorilloPosition: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Science and Technology
Phone: No number available
About Lucas Morillo
Lucas Morillo-Mendez is a PhD student at the Center for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS) at Örebro University. He obtained his BSc in psychology from Complutense University of Madrid in 2013 and he completed his MSc in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience from Goldsmiths College (University of London) in 2014. Lucas’s has also worked as a clinical neuropsychologist and in the field of Human Factor research for the automotive industry (Galician Automotive Technology Centre). As a natural consequence of having been surrounded by engineers and stunning new technologies for so long, his academic interests are currently orbiting the interdisciplinary field of Human-Machine Interaction. His current research focuses on studying the impact that certain aspects of human perception may have in the design of interactions with intelligent systems for different user profiles, especially older adults.
Lucas is employed at Örebro University since 2018 as part of the Newbreed-Successful ageing interdisciplinary doctoral program, co-funded by the European Commission through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA COFUND).
Articles in journals
- Morillo-Mendez, L. , Stower, R. , Sleat, A. , Schreiter, T. , Leite, I. , Martinez Mozos, O. & Schrooten, M. G. S. (2023). Can the robot "see" what I see? Robot gaze drives attention depending on mental state attribution. Frontiers in Psychology, 14.
- Morillo-Mendez, L. , Martinez Mozos, O. & Schrooten, M. G. S. (2023). Gaze cueing in older and younger adults is elicited by a social robot seen from the back. Cognitive Systems Research, 82.
- Morillo-Mendez, L. , Schrooten, M. G. S. , Loutfi, A. & Martinez Mozos, O. (2022). Age-Related Differences in the Perception of Robotic Referential Gaze in Human-Robot Interaction. International Journal of Social Robotics, 1-13.
- Morillo-Mendez, L. , Martinez Mozos, O. , Hallström, F. T. & Schrooten, M. G. S. (2023). Robotic Gaze Drives Attention, Even with No Visible Eyes. In: HRI '23: Companion of the 2023 ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction. Paper presented at ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI '23), Stockholm, Sweden, March 13-16, 2023. (pp. 172-177). ACM / Association for Computing Machinery.
- Almeida, T. , Rudenko, A. , Schreiter, T. , Zhu, Y. , Gutiérrez Maestro, E. , Morillo-Mendez, L. , Kucner, T. P. , Martinez Mozos, O. & et al. (2023). THÖR-Magni: Comparative Analysis of Deep Learning Models for Role-Conditioned Human Motion Prediction. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision. Paper presented at IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) Workshops, Paris, France, October 2-6, 2023. (pp. 2200-2209).
- Schreiter, T. , Morillo-Mendez, L. , Chadalavada, R. T. , Rudenko, A. , Billing, E. A. & Lilienthal, A. J. (2022). The Effect of Anthropomorphism on Trust in an Industrial Human-Robot Interaction. In: SCRITA Workshop Proceedings (arXiv:2208.11090). Paper presented at 31st IEEE International Conference on Robot & Human Interactive Communication, Naples, Italy, August 29 - September 2, 2022.
- Schreiter, T. , Almeida, T. R. d. , Zhu, Y. , Gutiérrez Maestro, E. , Morillo-Mendez, L. , Rudenko, A. , Kucner, T. P. , Martinez Mozos, O. & et al. (2022). The Magni Human Motion Dataset: Accurate, Complex, Multi-Modal, Natural, Semantically-Rich and Contextualized. Paper presented at 31st IEEE International Conference on Robot & Human Interactive Communication, Naples, Italy, August 29 - September 2, 2022.
- Morillo-Mendez, L. , Schrooten, M. G. S. , Loutfi, A. & Martinez Mozos, O. (2021). Age-Related Differences in the Perception of Eye-Gaze from a Social Robot. In: Haizhou Li; Shuzhi Sam Ge; Yan Wu; Agnieszka Wykowska; Hongsheng He; Xiaorui Liu; Dongyu Li; Jairo Perez-Osorio, Social Robotics 13th International Conference, ICSR 2021, Singapore, Singapore, November 10–13, 2021, Proceedings. Paper presented at 13th International Conference (ICSR 2021), Singapore, Singapore, November 10–13, 2021. (pp. 350-361). Springer.
- Morillo-Mendez, L. & Martinez Mozos, O. (2020). Towards human-based models of behaviour in social robots: Exploring age-related differences in the processing of gaze cues in human-robot interaction. In: Sebastian Rudolph, Goreti Marreiros, Proceedings of the 9th European Starting AI Researchers' Symposium 2020 co-located with 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020). Paper presented at 9th Starting Artificial Intelligence Researchers Symposium (STAIRS) at the 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020), Santiago de Compostela, Spain, August 29 - September 5, 2020. Technical University of Aachen.
- Morillo-Mendez, L. & Garcia, E. (2018). Augmented Reality as an Advanced Driver-Assistance System: A Cognitive Approach. In: Nicole Van Nes; Charlotte Voegelé, Proceedings of The 6th HUMMANIST Conference. Paper presented at 6th Humanist Conference, The Hague, Netherlands, June 13-14, 2018.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Morillo-Mendez, L. (2023). SOCIAL ROBOTS / SOCIAL COGNITION: Robots' Gaze Effects in Older and Younger Adults. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.