Mervyn GiffordTitle: Senior Lecturer School/office: School of Health Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
Articles in journals | Articles, reviews/surveys | Conference papers | Manuscripts |
Articles in journals
- Falk-Brynhildsen, K. , Raepsaet, C. , Wistrand, C. , Leo Swenne, C. , Gifford, M. , Gunningberg, L. , Bååth, C. , von Vogelsang, A. & et al. (2022). The Swedish version of the attitude towards pressure ulcer prevention instrument for use in an operating room context (APUP-OR): A nationwide psychometric evaluation. Journal of Tissue Viability, 31 (1), 46-51.
- Hugelius, K. , Adolfsson, A. , Örtenwall, P. & Gifford, M. (2017). Being Both Helpers and Victims: Health Professionals' Experiences of Working During a Natural Disaster. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, 32 (2), 117-123.
- Hugelius, K. , Adolfsson, A. , Gifford, M. & Örtenwall, P. (2017). Facebook Enables Disaster Research Studies: The Use of Social Media to Recruit Participants in a Post-Disaster Setting. PLOS Currents, 9.
- Hugelius, K. , Gifford, M. , Örtenwall, P. & Adolfsson, A. (2017). Health among disaster survivors and health professionals after the Haiyan Typhoon: a self-selected Internet-based web survey. International Journal of Emergency Medicine, 10 (1).
- Kihlgren, A. , Svensson, F. , Lövbrand, C. , Gifford, M. & Adolfsson, A. (2016). A Decision support system (DSS) for municipal nurses encountering health deterioration among older people. BMC Nursing, 15.
- Hugelius, K. , Gifford, M. , Örtenwall, P. & Adolfsson, A. (2016). Disaster Radio for Communication of Vital messages and Health-related Information: Experiences from the Haiyan typhoon, The Philippines. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, 10 (4), 591-597.
- Biswas, A. , Dalal, K. , Abdullah, A. S. M. , Gifford, M. & Halim, M. (2016). Maternal complications in a geographically challenging and hard to reach district of Bangladesh: a qualitative study. F1000 Research, 5.
- Dalal, K. , Rahman, F. , Gifford, M. & Rahman, A. (2016). The magnitude of injury problems among child labourers in a rural community of Bangladesh: findings from an injury surveillance system. International Health, 8 (1), 73-76.
- Hugelius, K. , Gifford, M. , Örtenwall, P. & Adolfsson, A. (2016). "To silence the deafening silence": Survivor's needs and experiences of the impact of disaster radio for their recovery after a natural disaster. International Emergency Nursing, 28, 8-13.
- Dalal, K. , Lee, M. , Ussatayeva, G. & Gifford, M. (2015). Female genital mutilation: multi country study. HealthMed, 9 (4), 161-167.
- Hugelius, K. , Berg, S. , Westerberg, E. , Gifford, M. & Adolfsson, A. (2014). Swedish ambulance managers descriptions of crisis support for ambulance staff after potentially traumatic events. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, 29 (6), 589-592.
- Wang, S. M. , Zou, J. L. , Gifford, M. & Dalal, K. (2014). Young students' knowledge and perception of health and fitness: A study in Shanghai, China. Health Education Journal, 73 (1), 20-27.
- Dalal, K. , Lin, Z. , Gifford, M. & Svanström, L. (2013). Economics of global burden of road traffic injuries and their relationship with health system variables. International Journal of Preventive Medicine, 4 (12), 1442-1450.
- Lao, Z. , Gifford, M. & Dalal, K. (2012). Economic cost of childhood unintentional injuries. International Journal of Preventive Medicine, 3 (5), 303-312.
- Mei, W. S. , Deguo, Y. , Jinliang, Z. , Mingmin, Y. , Gifford, M. & Dalal, K. (2012). Elderly injury prevention perspectives: a qualitative study of elderly people in different socioeconomic strata within a Safe Community in Shanghai. HealthMed, 6 (12), 4170-4178.
- Andrews-Chavez, J. , Biswas, A. , Gifford, M. , Eriksson, C. & Dalal, K. (2012). Identifying households with low immunisation completion in Bangladesh. Health, 4 (11), 1088-1097.
- Dalal, K. , Lao, Z. , Gifford, M. & Wang, S. (2012). Knowledge and attitudes towards childhood injury prevention: a study of parents in Shanghai, China. HealthMed, 6 (11), 3783-3789.
- Dalal, K. , Lee, M. S. & Gifford, M. (2012). Male adolescents' attitudes toward wife beating: a multi-country study in South Asia. Journal of Adolescent Health, 50 (5), 437-442.
- Shabnam, J. , Gifford, M. & Dalal, K. (2011). Socioeconomic inequalities in the use of delivery care services in Bangladesh: a comparative study between 2004 and 2007. Health, 3 (12), 762-771.
- Rasoal, D. , Skovdahl, K. , Gifford, M. & Kihlgren, A. (2017). Clinical Ethics Support for Healthcare Personnel: An Integrative Literature Review. HEC Forum, 29 (4), 313-346.
- Hugelius, K. , Adolfsson, A. , Gifford, M. & Örtenwall, P. (2016). Social media can be used to recruit study participants in disaster research. Paper presented at 2nd Global Conference on Emergency Nursing & Trauma Care, Sitges, Spain, 22-24 September, 2016.
- Hugelius, K. , Gifford, M. , Örtenwall, P. & Adolfsson, A. (2016). ”The turning point of everything”: Health professionals experiences of working during a natural disaster. Paper presented at 2nd Global Conference on Emergency Nursing & Trauma Care, Sitges, Spain, 22-24 September, 2016.
- Hugelius, K. , Gifford, M. , Örtenwall, P. & Adolfsson, A. (2015). Disaster radio: A tool to meet experienced needs after the Haiyan typhoon. Paper presented at 19th World Congress on Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Cape Town, South Africa, 21-24 April, 2015.
- Rasoal, D. , Skovdahl, K. , Gifford, M. & Kihlgren, A. Clinical ethics support for healthcare personnel : An integrative literature review.
- Hugelius, K. , Gifford, M. , Örtenwall, P. & Adolfsson, A. Health among disaster survivors 30 months after Typhoon Haiyan, using a selfselected Internet sample in a web-based survey.