About Olov Aronson
Olov Aronson received a PhD degree in Welfare and Social Sciences from the School of Health and Welfare at Jönköping University, Sweden. Aronson's main research interests include social theory, medical sociology, and social network analysis. Aronson uses quantitative longitudinal methods, innovative forms of discourse analysis, and purely theoretical research approaches. Aronson is currently employed as a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Örebro University, Sweden.
Aronson's publications can found by clicking the icons for ORCID, Google Scholar, or Researchgate, above.
Articles in journals
- Aronson, O. (2022). Differential effects of religiosity on the mental health problems of adolescent natives and immigrants in Sweden: A three-wave longitudinal study. Mental health & prevention, 27.
- Wells, M. B. , Gedaly, L. R. & Aronson, O. (2022). Midwives and child health nurses' support is associated with positive coparenting for fathers of infants: A cross-sectional analysis. Journal of Clinical Nursing.
- Odonde, R. I. , Aronson, O. & Wells, M. B. (2022). The Swedish father/non-birthing parent visit: evaluating implementation fidelity among child health nurses one year after voluntary implementation. BMC Nursing, 21 (1).
- Aronson, O. & Bergh, D. (2021). Adolescents who feel depressed are rejected but do not withdraw: A longitudinal study of ethnically diverse friendship networks in England, Sweden, and Germany. SSM - Population Health, 15.
- Wells, M. B. & Aronson, O. (2021). Paternal postnatal depression and received midwife, child health nurse, and maternal support: A cross-sectional analysis of primiparous and multiparous fathers. Journal of Affective Disorders, 280, 127-135.
- Bergnehr, D. , Aronson, O. & Enell, S. (2020). Friends through school and family: Refugee girls’ talk about friendship formation. Childhood, 27 (4), 530-544.
- Aronson, O. (2020). Victimhood in Swedish political discourse. Discourse & Society, 32 (3), 292-306.
- Aronson, O. & Gerdner, A. (2020). Youth centers, structured leisure activities, and friends of native and foreign origin: A two-wave longitudinal study. Journal of Leisure Research, 52 (3), 265-285.
- Aronson, O. & Bergh, D. (2019). Smoking motivation in the face of stigmatization: A Bourdieusian analysis of impressions. Stigma and Health, 4 (1), 30-37.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Aronson, O. (2021). Understanding the social integration of adolescents of foreign origin: Longitudinal investigations of inter-origin friendship formation. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Jönköping: Jönköping University, School of Health and Welfare.