Vasiliki KondyliTitle: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Science and Technology
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Vasiliki Kondyli
I am a Ph.D. student at the Center for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS), as part of the Newbreed interdisciplinary program by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action and the Örebro University. My research work is developing in the interface of design computing, spatial cognition, and environmental psychology.
My research interest involves visual perception and spatial cognition in the built environment, inclusive design principles, as well as the development of a cognitive technological framework for people-centered parametric design. My current project focuses on naturalistic multimodal behavioural studies in real-world and virtual environments, with an emphasis on the visuo-locomotive perception of humans, and aims to extract precedents that can be embedded into assistive technologies in a range of design applications such as HRI design, user experience design, autonomous vehicles, etc.
Articles in journals
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2021). Evaluating Artificial Vision in AI Systems: The Case of Autonomous Driving. Perception, 50 (1 Suppl.), 221-222.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2021). Visuo-Locomotive Update in the Wild: The Role of (Un)Familiarity in Choice of Navigation Strategy, and its Application in Computational Spatial Design. Proceedings of the ... Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 43, 2017-2023.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2018). Decision points in architectural space: How they affect users' visuo-locomotive experience during wayfinding. Cognitive Processing, 19 (Suppl. 1), S43-S43.
- Kondyli, V. , Bhatt, M. & Hartmann, T. (2018). Precedent Based Design Foundations for Parametric Design: The Case of Navigation and Wayfinding. Advances in Computational Design, 3 (4), 339-366.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2018). Rotational Locomotion in Large-Scale Environments: A Survey and Implications for Evidence-Based Design Practice. Built Environment, 44 (2), 241-258.
- Kondyli, V. , Bhatt, M. & Suchan, J. (2022). A Cognitive Model of Visuospatial Complexity for Interactive Immersive Media Design. Paper presented at Society for the Cognitive Studies of the Moving Image Conference (SCSMI 2022), Gandia, Spain, June 1-4, 2022.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2022). Analysing Driver (In)Attentiveness: Towards a Cognitive Complexity Model Combining Visuospatial and Interactional Parameters. Paper presented at 8th International Conference on Driver Distraction and Inattention (DDI 2022), Gothenburg, Sweden, October 19-20, 2022.
- Kondyli, V. , Suchan, J. & Bhatt, M. (2022). Grounding Embodied Multimodal Interaction: Towards Behaviourally Established Semantic Foundations for Human-Centered AI. In: The 1st International Workshop on Knowledge Representation for Hybrid Intelligence (KR4HI 2022). Paper presented at The 1st International Workshop on Knowledge Representation for Hybrid Intelligence (KR4HI 2022), part of International Conference on Hybrid Human-Artificial Intelligence (HHAI 2022), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 13-17, 2022.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2022). Visuo-locomotive Update in Naturalistic Navigation: Multimodal analysis examining the role of familiarity and rotational locomotion. In: 8th Annual Conference of Cognitive Science (ACCS8) Conference Proceedings. Paper presented at 8th Annual Conference of Cognitive Science (ACCS8), (Οnline Conference), January 20-22, 2022. (pp. 139-140). Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2021). Cognitive Modelling of Visuospatial Complexity in the Streetscape. In: Thomas Hünefeldt; Marta Olivetti Belardinelli, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Spatial Cognition: Cognition and Action in a Plurality of Spaces (ICSC 2021). Paper presented at 8th International Conference on Spatial Cognition: Cognition and Action in a Plurality of Spaces (ICSC 2021), (Virtual Conference), September 13-17, 2021. (pp. 44-44). Springer.
- Kondyli, V. , Bhatt, M. & Spyridonos, E. (2021). Visuo-Locomotive Complexity as a Component of Parametric Design for Architecture. In: Amaresh Chakrabarti; Ravi Poovaiah; Prasad Bokil; Vivek Kant, Design for Tomorrow — Volume 2 Proceedings of ICoRD 2021. Paper presented at 8th International Conference on Research into Design (ICoRD 2021, Online Conference), IDC School of Design, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India, January 7-10, 2021. (pp. 993-1004). Springer.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2020). Multimodality on the Road: Towards Evidence-Based Cognitive Modelling of Everyday Roadside Human Interactions. In: Lars Hanson, Dan Högberg, Erik Brolin, Advances in Transdisciplinary Engineering. Paper presented at 6th International Digital Human Modeling Symposium (DHM 2020 Online), Skövde, Sweden, August 31 - September 2, 2020. (pp. 131-142). IOS Press.
- Kondyli, V. , Bhatt, M. & Suchan, J. (2020). Towards a Human-Centred Cognitive Model of Visuospatial Complexity in Everyday Driving. In: Rudolph S., Marreiros G., CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Paper presented at 9th European Starting AI Researchers’ Symposium 2020 co-located with 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020), Santiago Compostela, Spain, August 29 - September 8, 2020. CEUR-WS.org.
- Kondyli, V. & Bhatt, M. (2018). Spatial knowledge update in rotational locomotion: On the role of visuo-spatial cues and familiarity: A case-study at the Bremen train-station. Paper presented at The 16th European Workshop on Imagery and Cognition (EWIC) - From World to Mind: Images and Representations, Padua, Italy, June 7-9, 2018.
- Kondyli, V. , Schultz, C. & Bhatt, M. (2017). Evidence-Based Parametric Design: Computationally Generated Spatial Morphologies Satisfying Behavioural-Based Design Constraints. In: 13th International Conference on Spatial Information Theory (COSIT 2017). Paper presented at 13th International Conference on Spatial Information Theory (COSIT 2017), L'Aquila, Italy, September 4-8, 2017. (pp. 11:1-11:14). Springer International Publishing AG.
- Kondyli, V. , Bhatt, M. & Hartmann, T. (2017). Towards People-Centred Precedents for Parametric Design: The Case of Wayfinding in Large Scale Buildings. In: Fréderic Bosché; Ioannis Brilakis; Rafael Sacks, Proceedings of the Joint Conference on Computing in Construction (JC3). Paper presented at Lean and Computing in Construction Congress (LC3), Heraklion, Crete, Greece, July 4-7, 2017. (pp. 803-810). Edinburgh, UK: Heriot-Watt University.
- Kondyli, V. , Bhatt, M. & Hartmann, T. (2017). Towards Precedent Based Design Foundations for Parametric Design Systems. In: Christian Koch; Walid Tizani; Jelena Ninic, Proceedings of the 24th EG-ICE International Workshop on Intelligent Computing in Engineering (EG-ICE 2017). Paper presented at 24th EG-ICE International Workshop on Intelligent Computing in Engineering, Nottingham, United Kingdom, July 10-12, 2017. (pp. 178-187). European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering (EG-ICE).
- Bhatt, M. , Suchan, J. , Schultz, C. , Kondyli, V. & Goyal, S. (2016). Artificial Intelligence for Predictive and Evidence Based Architecture Design. In: Proceedings of the Thirtieth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-16). Paper presented at 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2016), Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, United States, February 12-17, 2016. (pp. 4349-4350). AAAI press.
- Bhatt, M. , Suchan, J. , Kondyli, V. & Schultz, C. (2016). Embodied visuo-locomotive experience analysis: immersive reality based summarisation of experiments in environment-behaviour studies. In: Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (SAP 2016). Paper presented at ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (SAP 2016), Anaheim, California, USA, July 22-23, 2016. (pp. 133-133). USA: ACM Digital Library.