ISCHE 42 will be organized as a virtual Conference
For discussions online please see and use #ische42
Important Information on ISCHE 42
Looking from Above and Below: Rethinking the Social in the History of Education
Thank you for having submitted a proposal to ISCHE 42 that was initially planned for June 2020. For reasons too well known and announced by the ISCHE President and the Local Organization Committee in Spring 2020, ISCHE 42 had to be postponed for one year and will take place in June 2021.
We need to inform you that the conference can only be conducted as a virtual conference due to local restrictions. Our conference dates will be June 14–25, 2021.
We plan to set up an online conference tool which will allow all participants to access conference sessions, engage in live debates, connect with fellow conference participants and socialise in online networking events. Should we not be able to match different time zones, we will also offer asynchronous debates on demand at a later stage.
In adapting to the new situation, ISCHE introduced some changes to the presentation mode and the conference structure.
• All contributions that were accepted for the original conference in 2020 have been taken over to the 2021 online conference. So, if you do not want to participate in an online ISCHE conference, please withdraw your submission, as this will greatly support our programme planning. We will re-open the submission system from January 25–February 5, 2021 and kindly ask those who would like to withdraw to do so by accessing the conference submission system during this time frame. For those who intend to participate there is no need for action.
• Please note that all presenters of accepted individual papers and presenters within accepted pre-formed panels and accepted symposia will be asked to produce a 10-minutes pre-recorded video or a power point with an audio track prior to the conference. With this, we not only hope to avoid technical issues during conference sessions but also to support the time management in the sessions. We will share detailed information on how to create the videos and where to upload them later in the process.
• Allowing for additional submissions for ISCHE 2021, the submission system is open from January 25–February 5, 2021 as well. These additional submissions will follow the same abstract-structure and conference sub-themes. Acceptance of new submissions will be announced as soon as possible.
• The maximum number of submissions for each participant will still be two. So, if you have already submitted two proposals for ISCHE 42, you will not be able to submit a new contribution.
• Conference fees for 2021 will substantially be reduced. In consideration of the difficult situation, we are all facing, we have decided to give free conference access for all early career researchers who are members of ISCHE.
• The keynotes and conference papers (given signed consent) will be available later on our website.
How to submit or withdraw
Please got to https://www.conftool.org/ische2020/ for withdrawal and new submission (system will be open from 25 January - 5 February).
Warm regards and stay safe,
Karin Priem on behalf of the ISCHE Executive Committee