Library shorts for university staff
The University Library is offering a series of short presentations aimed at researchers and post-graduate students at Örebro University and Region Örebro County.
EndNote - basics
Get started with the reference management program EndNote. Bring your own computer, and make sure to have EndNote installed. Please contact the IT-department to install EndNote.
- Monday 1 April 15.00–16.00, Main Library, Campus Örebro
- Tuesday 9 April 15.00–16.00, Medical Library, Campus USÖ
Web of Science
A library short on citation databases, and how you can benefit from using bibliometric tools. For example, we show you how to identify important journals in your subject field, how impact factors works, and how to calculate your H-index.
- Thursday 21 March 15.00–16.00, Medical library, Campus USÖ
- Monday 8 April 15.00–16.00, Main Library, Campus Örebro
As a researcher at Örebro University you are responsible for registering your publications in the university repository DiVA. At this workshop we show you how to fill in the registration form, and what to consider. We also show you how to import data from other databases to facilitate the registration. Please bring your own computer and issues you want to discuss.
- Monday 20 May 10.00–11.00, Main Library, Campus Örebro
- Wednesday 22 May 13.00–14.00, Medical Library, Campus USÖ
Publish open access
How do you choose a journal for open access publishing, and how can you avoid predatory journals? Do you know that you can get financial support from the University Library? During this library short, we tell you more about our new agreements with publishers and about our temporary fund for open access publishing.
- Wednesday 8 May 10.00–11.00, Main Library, Campus Örebro
- Friday 10 May kl 13.00–14.00, Medical library, Campus USÖ
Data Management Plans
How could a Data Management Plan help you in your research, and which elements does it consist of? Mattias Persson, coordinator of Open Science, presents a short introduction to Data Management Plans and their structure.
- Tuesday 26 March 13.00-14.00, Main Library, Campus Örebro
- Wednesday 27 March 13.00-14.00 Medical library, Campus USÖ
- Tuesday 7 May 15.00-16.00, Main Library, Campus Örebro