Örebro University Library is open to students, researchers, employees of Örebro University and Region Örebro County as well as the general public. We provide access to more than 200 000 physical books that can be borrowed free of charge.
Do you want to borrow a book?
- Search for the book you want to borrow in the search service Primo. Primo contains the University Library's books, articles, journals, theses and open access archives. If all copies have been borrowed, you can reserve the book.
- Click on the book's title in the hit list for info on shelf placement and listing words. If the book is placed in the Main Library, you can also click on Map to see the floor plan and the approximate location of the book.
If the book is placed in stack, you need to log in and make a request for it.
- Get the book from the shelf.
- Register the book in the lending machine with a library card or social security number and your pin code. The PIN code can be changed via My library account.
- When you have borrowed the book, you will receive a receipt by e-mail. Be aware that different books have different loan periods. On My library account you can keep track of your loans, renew and pay overdue fines.
All loans are automatically renewed, unless a book has been reserved by another user.
Book reservations for staff
Employees of Örebro University or Region Örebro County can reserve books that are currently shelved and collect them upon receiving the confirmation email. Unfortunately we are unable to offer this service to students and the general public.
Please return your books to the drop boxes placed at the entrances of all libraries. If you have trouble getting to the library to return your books, you can always ask someone else to drop them off. You can also mail the books to us. Our mail addresses are available on the information pages for the different libraries.