Reference management software
Reference management software helps you to keep track of and write references, which saves a lot of time. The library offers support in using two different programmes: Zotero and EndNote.
Both programmes help you to save, share and insert references in your text, and to create reference lists according to different styles.
Zotero can be used for free. Because it is quite easy to use, we usually recommend it to students writing their theses. Zotero is a good choice if you
- are writing your first thesis
- want software that is easy to use
- are writing with a partner
EndNote is a more advanced programme mainly used by researchers. However, it may be a good choice for master students who are
- writing texts that they aim to publish as journal articles
- willing to spend some time learning a more advanced programme
- writing alone
- collaborating with a research group