About Mohamadreza Faridghasemnia
Mohamadreza Faridghasemnia (AKA Farid) is a Ph.D. fellow at Örebro University and WASP-Sweden. He has academic degrees of B.Sc. in Power electrical engineering, an M.Sc. in Electronics Engineering, and an M.Sc. in AI and Robotics. His most recent degree is AI&Robotics from Sapienza University of Rome, from which he graduated with the top grade (110 out of 110) in 2019. He joined the WASP-Sweden at Örebro University in 2019 to follow his Ph.D. studies in Cognitive Robotics Lab.
His research interests are to combine classical AI approaches (e.g., Planning, reasoning, symbolic methods) and ML approaches (e.g., Deep neural networks, classical learning algorithms) to solve various problems, particularly problems in the fields of computer vision, language understanding, and cognitive robotics.
In 2018, he had the research fellow position at Sapienza University of Rome for the project “Development of the planner and reasoner components of the internet for all projects.” In 2019, he started the WASP Ph.D. project “Robot learning of language grounding in multiple contexts.” Since 2019, he has been a Python teaching assistant; since 2022, he has been a Python teacher at Örebro University. Since 2021, he has been the primary lecturer of Smarter Natural Langauge Processing, an Örebro Smarter initiative course.
- Kovacs, G. , Saini, R. , Faridghasemnia, M. , Mokayed, H. , Adewumi, O. , Alonso, P. , Rakesh, S. & Liwicki, M. (2021). Pedagogical Principles in the Online Teaching of NLP: A Retrospection. In: Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Teaching NLP. Paper presented at North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL). (pp. 1-12). Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Faridghasemnia, M. , Nardi, D. & Saffiotti, A. (2020). Towards Abstract Relational Learning in Human Robot Interaction. In: CognitIve RobotiCs for intEraction (CIRCE). Paper presented at 29th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2020), Virtual Confernece, 31 Aug. - 4 Sept., 2020.
- Faridghasemnia, M. , Vanzo, A. & Nardi, D. (2019). Capturing Frame-Like Object Descriptors in Human Augmented Mapping. In: Alviano, Mario and Greco, Gianluigi and Scarcello, Francesco, AI*IA 2019 - Advances in Artificial Intelligence. Paper presented at 18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence, Rende, Italy, November 19–22, 2019. (pp. 392-404). Cham: Springer.
- Faridghasemnia, M. (2019). Reducing Uncertainty in Contextualized Dialog. In: Doctoral Consortium papers of AI*IA 2019. Paper presented at 18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIIA 2019), Rende, Italy, November 19-22, 2020.
- Farid Ghasemnia, R. , Faridghasemnia, M. & Arabkhazaeli, Z. (2018). Controlling THD and Selective Harmonic in Multi-Level Inverters Using Multi-Carrier PWM Switching. In: 2018 IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and 2018 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I&CPS Europe). Paper presented at 2018 IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering, Palermo, Italy, June 12-15, 2018. (pp. 1-4). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Farid Ghasemnia, R. , Faridghasemnia, M. , Gharedaghi, D. & Arabkhazaeli, Z. (2017). Design and implementation of real-time synchronous generator simulator for test field. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and 2017 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I CPS Europe). Paper presented at 17th IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering, Milan, Italy, June 6-9, 2017. (pp. 1-5). IEEE.