About Sai Krishna
I am working in Machine Perception and Interaction (MPI) lab, Centre for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS) at Örebro University from September 2016. I joined the Successful Ageing Programme and I am working on Human Social signals which include nonverbal behavioral Cues such as facial expressions, body postures gestures and proxemics to communicate with others and express their feelings. We are working to build a system in the context of Social Robot. This system is integrated with social cues particularly non verbal behavioral cue, Proxemics, to understand the social interaction and study the social behavior expressed by the person. These will be used by the robot to interact with people and work autonomously in the hour of need. This technology is mainly used in Successful Ageing programme for older people to stay in touch with family, friends and hospital faculty (like care takers or doctors)
I did my Masters in Computer Vision and Robotics then I worked as a researcher in Vision Labs at the University of the Algarve, Portugal.
Articles in journals
- Krishna Pathi, S. , Kiselev, A. & Loutfi, A. (2022). Detecting Groups and Estimating F-Formations for Social Human-Robot Interactions. Multimodal Technologies and Interaction, 6 (3).
- Krishna, S. , Kiselev, A. , Kristoffersson, A. , Repsilber, D. & Loutfi, A. (2019). A Novel Method for Estimating Distances from a Robot to Humans Using Egocentric RGB Camera. Sensors, 19 (14).
- Krishna, S. , Kristoffersson, A. , Kiselev, A. & Loutfi, A. (2019). F-Formations for Social Interaction in Simulation Using Virtual Agents and Mobile Robotic Telepresence Systems. Multimodal Technologies and Interaction, 3 (4).
- Terzic, K. , Krishna, S. & du Buf, J. M. H. (2017). Texture features for object salience. Image and Vision Computing, 67, 43-51.
- Alexopoulou, S. , Fart, F. , Jonsson, A. , Karni, L. , Kenalemang, L. M. , Krishna, S. , Lindblad, K. , Loutfi, A. & et al. Kristoffersson, E. (ed.) & Nilsson, K. (ed.) (2018). Successful ageing in an interdisciplinary context: popular science presentations. Örebro: Örebro University.
Chapters in books
- Krishna, S. & Loutfi, A. (2018). Robotics for Successful Ageing. In: Eleonor Kristoffersson & Kerstin Nilsson, Successful ageing in an interdisciplinary context: popular science presentations (pp. 29-35). Örebro, Sweden: Örebro University.
- Krishna, S. , Kristoffersson, A. , Kiselev, A. & Loutfi, A. (2019). Estimating Optimal Placement for a Robot in Social Group Interaction. In: IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication (ROMAN). Paper presented at The 28th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication – RO-MAN 2019, New Delhi, India, October 14-18, 2019.. IEEE.
- Krishna, S. (2018). Join the Group Formations using Social Cues in Social Robots. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems (AAMAS '18). Paper presented at 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2018), Stockholm, Sweden, July 10-15, 2018 (pp. 1766-1767). New York: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Krishna, S. , Kiselev, A. & Loutfi, A. (2017). Towards a Method to Detect F-formations in Real-Time to Enable Social Robots to Join Groups. In: Towards a Method to Detect F-formations in Real-Time to Enable Social Robots to Join Groups. Paper presented at ECCE Workshop 2017: : Robots in Contexts: Human-Robot Interaction as Physically and Socially Embedded conducted at Umeå University, Sweden, 19 September, 2017. Umeå, Sweden: Umeå University.