The printers will take care of the cover. The only thing you need to remember is to send them a Word file containing a short text of introduction to yourself and your thesis (max 2,500 characters, including spaces) and to arrange for a portrait photo to be included should you wish to, as well as a photograph for the front cover unless you opt for one of the suggestions given below (Bild/Picture 1-6).
If you want to use a photograph of your choice, the following applies:
- The photograph must be related to the content of the thesis and/or to the university.
- You must have discussed your choice of photo with your supervisor or an equivalent representative at your school.
- You must obtain the photographer’s permission to use the photograph on the front cover.
- The name of the photographer must be printed in connection with the photo.
- The final format of the photograph will be: width 160 mm, including 3 mm bleed x height 127 mm. This means that the photo size must be at least 1890 x 1500 pixels. To obtain the highest possible quality, you should avoid compressing it as much as possible. Remember for instance that for each time a JPG picture is opened and re-saved, the image quality will be reduced.
- If you have specific requests regarding cropping, it is important that you give clear instructions when you submit your photograph.