Arvid PourlotfiTitle: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Arvid Pourlotfi
Arvid Pourlotfi is currently working as a resident physician at Örebro University Hospital in Sweden. He received his medical degree at Örebro University in January 2020 and pursued his doctoral studies in the field of Medical Science with a specialization in Surgical Sciences under the supervision of Associate Professor Shahin Mosheni in March 2020.
Arvid's areas of research mainly include colon and rectal surgery as well as various surgical emergencies. His doctoral project assesses the effects of statins in surgery for colorectal cancer. The project aims to investigate whether statins have any protective effects on reducing postoperative morbidity and improving survival.
Articles in journals
- Pourlotfi, A. , Ahl Hulme, R. , Forssten, M. P. , Sjölin, G. , Bass, G. A. , Cao, Y. , Matthiessen, P. & Mohseni, S. (2022). Statin therapy and its association with long-term survival after colon cancer surgery. Surgery, 171 (4), 890-896.
- Pourlotfi, A. , Ahl, R. , Bass, G. A. , Sjölin, G. , Cao, Y. , Matthiessen, P. & Mohseni, S. (2022). Statin Therapy is Associated with Decreased 90-day Postoperative Mortality After Colon Cancer Surgery. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, 65 (4), 559-565.
- Bass, G. A. , Pourlotfi, A. , Donnelly, M. , McIntyre, C. , Ahl, R. , Flod, S. , Cao, Y. , McNamara, D. & et al. (2021). Bile Duct Clearance and Cholecystectomy for Choledocholithiasis: Definitive Single-Stage Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy with Intra-Operative Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) versus Staged Procedures. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, 90 (2), 240-248.
- Bass, G. A. , Forssten, M. P. , Pourlotfi, A. , Ahl, R. , Cao, Y. , Matthiessen, P. & Mohseni, S. (2021). Cardiac risk stratification in emergency resection for colonic tumours. BJS Open, 5 (4).
- Pourlotfi, A. , Ahl, R. , Sjölin, G. , Forssten, M. P. , Bass, G. A. , Cao, Y. , Matthiessen, P. & Mohseni, S. (2021). Statin Therapy and Postoperative Short-Term Mortality after Rectal Cancer Surgery. Colorectal Disease, 23 (4), 875-881.
- Pourlotfi, A. , Bass, G. A. , Ahl Hulme, R. , Forssten, M. P. , Sjölin, G. , Cao, Y. , Matthiessen, P. & Mohseni, S. (2021). Statin Use and Long-Term Mortality after Rectal Cancer Surgery. Cancers, 13 (17).
- Ahl, R. , Forssten, M. P. , Pourlotfi, A. , Cao, Y. , Bass, G. A. , Matthiessen, P. & Mohseni, S. (2021). The Association Between Revised Cardiac Risk Index and Postoperative Mortality Following Elective Colon Cancer Surgery: A Retrospective Nationwide Cohort Study. Scandinavian Journal of Surgery.
- Cao, Y. , Bass, G. A. , Ahl, R. , Pourlotfi, A. , Geijer, H. , Montgomery, S. & Mohseni, S. (2020). The statistical importance of P-POSSUM scores for predicting mortality after emergency laparotomy in geriatric patients. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 20 (1).
- Mohammad Ismail, A. , Borg, T. , Sjölin, G. , Pourlotfi, A. , Holm, S. , Cao, Y. , Wretenberg, P. , Ahl, R. & et al. (2020). β-adrenergic blockade is associated with a reduced risk of 90-day mortality after surgery for hip fractures. Trauma surgery & acute care open, 5 (1).
- Åström, M. , Welander, E. , Pourlotfi, A. , Abawi, A. , Ahlstrand, E. & Ivarsson, M. (2018). Activated interferon signaling in cultured BMSC from myelofibrosis patients: core finding of a proteomic study. Paper presented at 2nd International Conference on Tissue Repair, Regeneration, and Fibrosis, Chania, Crete, Greece, June 13-16, 2018.
- Welander, E. , Åström, M. , Enonge Fotabe, L. , Kardeby, C. , Tina, E. , Elgbratt, K. , Pourlotfi, A. , Abawi, A. & et al. (2018). Integrated analysis indicates reciprocal immune response dysregulations between bone marrow multipotent stromal cells and granulocytes at the mRNA but not at the protein level in myelofibrosis. Paper presented at Fortbildningsdagar i hematologi, Umeå, 3-5 Oktober, 2018.