Erik WitteTitle: Senior Lecturer School/office: School of Health Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Erik Witte
Erik Witte is a licensed audiologist, holds a master's degree in audiology and a PhD in Disability Research specializing in audiology.
Dr Witte's position as senior lecturer at Örebro University is combined with employment as a licensed audiologist at the audiological clinic at Örebro University Hospital (Region Örebro County). The position includes equal parts of research, teaching and clinical work. Dr Witte's research is primarily conducted at the Audiological Research Centre in Örebro. In addition, some of his research is conducted in close cooperation with researchers at the Department of Behavioural Sciences and Learning (IBL) at Linköping University.
At the undergraduate level, Dr Witte teaches in the audiology programme and at the at the advanced level, he teaches at the Master's Programme in Occupational Therapy and Audiology, both at the School of Health Sciences at Örebro University.
Dr Witte's research concerns various aspects of human speech perception (both spoken and signed languages), measurements of speech recognition, and evaluation of hearing-care interventions aimed at improving communicative abilities.
Articles in journals
- Witte, E. , Ekeroot, J. & Köbler, S. (2021). The development of linguistic stimuli for the Swedish Situated Phoneme test. Nordic Journal of Linguistics.
- Witte, E. & Köbler, S. (2019). Linguistic Materials and Metrics for the Creation of Well-Controlled Swedish Speech Perception Tests. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, 62 (7), 2280-2294.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Witte, E. (2021). The development of the Situated Phoneme (SiP) test: A Swedish test of phonemic discrimination in noise for adultpeople with hearing loss. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Witte, E. , Ekeroot, J. & Köbler, S. The development of linguistic stimuli for the Swedish Situated Phoneme test.
- Witte, E. , Smeds, K. , Ekeroot, J. , Köbler, S. & Mäki-Torkko, E. The development of speech-spectrum shaped real-world masker sounds for a phonemic discrimination test for people with hearing loss.
- Witte, E. , Köbler, S. , Ekeroot, J. , Smeds, K. & Mäki-Torkko, E. The effect of accounting for specific trial difficulties in exact, approximate and corrected approximate methods for statistical significance testing of differences between speech audiometry scores.