About Gabriel Linton
Gabriel Linton works at the School of Business at Örebro University and is connected to the INTERORG marketing research center. Gabriel's research is focused around entrepreneurship, innovation, strategy, and relationships between firms. In his dissertation (2016) Gabriel focused on entrepreneurial orientation from a contingency theory perspective.
Articles in journals
- Hasche, N. & Linton, G. (2021). University-industry collaboration: constructing a business model lab for student venture creation. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, 27 (5), 1241-1263.
- Linton, G. & Öberg, C. (2020). A Conceptual Development of a Business Model Typology in Tourism: the impact of digitalization and location. Technology Innovation Management Review, 10 (7), 16-27.
- Aramo-Immonen, H. , Carlborg, P. , Hasche, N. , Jussila, J. , Kask, J. , Linton, G. , Mustafee, N. & Öberg, C. (2020). Charting the reach and contribution of IMP literature in other disciplines: A bibliometric analysis. Industrial Marketing Management, 87, 47-62.
- Hasche, N. , Höglund, L. & Linton, G. (2020). Quadruple helix as a network of relationships: creating value within a Swedish regional innovation system. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, 32 (6), 523-544.
- Linton, G. (2019). Innovativeness, risk-taking, and proactiveness in startups: a case study and conceptual development. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 9, 1-21.
- Prenkert, F. , Hasche, N. & Linton, G. (2019). Towards a systematic analytical framework of resource interfaces. Journal of Business Research, 100, 139-149.
- Linton, G. & Klinton, M. (2019). University entrepreneurship education: A design thinking approach to learning. Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 8 (3), 1-11.
- Höglund, L. & Linton, G. (2018). Smart specialization in regional innovation systems: a quadruple helix perspective. R &D Management, 48 (1), 60-72.
- Hasche, N. & Linton, G. (2018). The value of failed relationships for the development of a Medtech start-up. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, 30 (1), 97-119.
- Linton, G. & Kask, J. (2017). Configurations of entrepreneurial orientation and competitive strategy for high performance. Journal of Business Research, 70, 168-176.
- Hasche, N. , Linton, G. & Öberg, C. (2017). Trust in open innovation: the case of a med-tech start-up. European Journal of Innovation Management, 20 (1), 31-49.
- Kask, J. & Linton, G. (2013). Business mating: when start-ups get it right. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, 26 (5), 511-536.
- Carlborg, P. , Hasche, N. & Linton, G. (2022). Collaborative industrial platforms and the role of institutions: An innovation ecosystem perspective. Paper presented at 26th Biennial NFF Conference, Örebro, Sweden, August 24-26, 2022.
- Ragén, A. , Leite, E. , Linton, G. & Öberg, C. (2022). Sensemaking, sensegiving and sensedrifting in the university‐innovation ecosystem. Paper presented at 38th Annual IMP Conference, University of Florence, Florence, Italy, August 30 – September 2, 2022.
- Ragén, A. , Leite, E. , Linton, G. & Öberg, C. (2022). Shooting next to the target? Balancing stakeholder goals in university knowledge-technology transfer. Paper presented at 26th Biennial NFF Conference, Örebro, Sweden, August 24 -26, 2022.
- Hasche, N. , Kask, J. , Linton, G. & Prenkert, F. (2020). Conceptualizing tangible resources in interaction: sites and interfaces. Paper presented at European Academy of Management (EURAM 2020 Online Conference), Dublin, Ireland, December 4-6, 2020.
- Carlborg, P. , Hasche, N. & Linton, G. (2020). Innovation in ecosystems: The case of electric utility firms. Paper presented at 8th Annual Winter Global Business Conference 2020, Tignes, France, January 27-31, 2020.
- Aramo-Immonen, H. , Carlborg, P. , Geissinger, A. , Hasche, N. , Kask, J. , Linton, G. , Nykvist, R. , Öberg, C. & et al. (2018). Clustering the imp thought: searching roots and diversities in imp research. Paper presented at 34th Annual Industrial Marketing & Purchasing Conference KEDGE Business School, Marseille, France, 4-7 September 2018.
- Prenkert, F. , Linton, G. , Hasche, N. & Kask, J. (2017). Interaction sites and resource interfaces: A conceptualization of resource interaction. Paper presented at IMP Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, September 5-8, 2017. IMP Group.
- Hasche, N. , Linton, G. & Prenkert, F. (2016). A model of Depth of Resource Interfaces in Networks. In: 32nd IMP Conference. Paper presented at 32nd IMP Conference, Poznan, Poland, August 30 - September 3, 2016.
- Hasche, N. & Linton, G. (2016). Start-ups value co-creation in inter-firm relationships. In: 19th Nordic Conference on Small Business Research (NCSB 2016). Paper presented at 19th Nordic Conference on Small Business Research (NCSB 2016), Riga, Latvia, 19-20 May, 2016.
- Linton, G. , Klaassen, M. & Öberg, C. (2016). The Creation of Entrepreneurial Opportunities: The Case of Lake Resort Bergslagen. In: Daniel Laven, Wilhelm Skoglund, Valuing and Evaluating Creativity for Sustainable Regional Development Proceedings. Paper presented at Valuing and Evaluating Creativity for Sustainable Regional Development, Östersund, Sweden, September 11-14, 2016 (pp. 75-77). Mid Sweden University.
- Linton, G. (2015). The process and outcome of innovativeness, risk-taking, and proactiveness. In: Entrepreneurial society a platform for New Solutions to old Problems. Paper presented at RENT XXIX - Research in entrepreneuership and small business, Zagreb, Croatia, 18-20 November, 2015.
- Kask, J. & Linton, G. (2011). Business mating in stable and turbulent markets: does the configuration fit?. In: Goran Vlašić, Jurica Pavičić, Zoran Wittine, 2011 Global Business Conference Conference Proceedings. Paper presented at Global Business Conference 2011, Sibenik, Croatia, September 21-24, 2011 (pp. 237-. Zagreb: Innovation Institute.
- Frankelius, P. , Hultman, C. M. , Linton, G. , Johanzon, C. & Gunnarsson, C. (2011). The cleantech mystery: new theoretical model for understanding export capabilities in small and mediumsized innovative cleantech companies. Paper presented at The R&D Management Conference 2011: R&D, Sustainability & Innovation, the need for new ideas, initiatives and alliances, Norrköping, Sweden 28-30 June (pp. 14-.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Linton, G. (2016). Entrepreneurial orientation: reflections from a contingency perspective. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro university.
- Linton, G. & Kask, J. Configurations of entrepreneurial orientation and competitive strategy for high performance.
- Gerdin, J. & Linton, G. Contingency fit(s) in entrepreneurship research: uses and usability.
- Linton, G. Entrepreneurial Orientation : A reconceptualization and empirical investigation.
- Linton, G. Entrepreneurial orientation from a process and outcome view : Investigating innovativeness, risk-taking, and proactiveness in a startup context.
- Linton, G. Linking Entrepreneurial Orientation and Opportunity Identification to performance.
- Linton, G. The Future, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation : A note on the importance of the getting entrepreneurship and innovation right for a sustainable future.