Mais A.M. QandeelTitle: Senior Lecturer School/office: School of Behavioural, Social and Legal Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303719
About Mais A.M. Qandeel
Dr. Qandeel is a Senior Lecturer of international law / law and technologies with more than 15 years of legal experience at national and international organizations/institutions in, among others, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, USA and Palestine.
Her research has three themes: i) implications of new technologies on human rights – human rights in the cyberspace and in connection with cyber norms - and the rule of law, ii) the protection of the environment in international law and iii) the question of Palestine.
She teaches the courses: i) Legal Tech, AI and Automation, ii) Cybersecurity and Cybercrime, iii) Comparative Law. Her courses cover a broad range of topics, including digital discrimination, law and security, the rule of law, data protection and privacy, legal aspects of cybersecurity and international norms. She also teaches international law and law of armed conflicts in other courses.
- Investigating Digital Rights in Palestine: The Constitutional Court?s Interpretation of the Basic Law
- Project FIRE
Articles in journals
- Qandeel, M. & Sommer, J. (2022). Syria Conflict and its Impact: a Legal and Environmental Perspective. International Journal of Humanitarian Legal Studies, 13 (2), 275-296.
- Qandeel, M. & Progin-Theuerkauf, S. (2021). Legal Implications of Dismantling UNRWA: A European Perspective. Journal of Politics and Law, 14 (3), 84-102.
- Hargrove, A. , Qandeel, M. & Sommer, J. M. (2019). Global governance for climate justice: A cross-national analysis of CO2 emissions. Global Transitions, 1, 190-199.
Articles, book reviews
- Qandeel, M. (2020). Book Review: The ABC of the OPT: A Legal Lexicon of the Israeli Control over the Occupied Palestinian Territory. Journal of Palestine Studies, 49 (4), 152-154.
- Qandeel, M. (2018). Enforcing Human Rights of Palestinians in the Occupied Territory (1ed.). Berlin, Bern, Germany: Carl Grossmann Verlag (sui generis 4).
Chapters in books
- Qandeel, M. & Kristoffersson, E. (2021). Introduction: Evolving Sustainable Development and the Swedish Approach. In: Eleonor Kristoffersson; Mais Qandeel, Law and Sustainable Development: Swedish Perspectives (pp. 11-18). Uppsala: Iustus förlag.
- Qandeel, M. (2021). Legal Considerations of Corporate Responsibility for Sustainability: A Just Business. In: Eleonor Kristoffersson; Mais Qandeel, Law and Sustainable Development: Swedish Perspectives (pp. 21-51). Uppsala: Iustus förlag.
- Qandeel, M. (ed.) & Kristoffersson, E. (ed.) (2021). Law and Sustainable Development: Swedish Perspectives. Uppsala: Iustus förlag.
- Qandeel, M. (ed.) (2021). The Pre-emption Right in Palestine: A Comparative Study of Land Laws. Jordan / Palestine: Jordan Publishing Limited.