About Markus Jansson
Markus Jansson is an affiliated researcher at Örebro university and works as a consultant at the department of obstetrics and gynecology at the Danderyd Hospital. His clinical work is mainly focused on urogynaecology.
Markus earned his PhD degree in 2022 defending the thesis "Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and Perineal and Vaginal Tears in Primiparous Women". The first two papers focused on the validity of documentation of obstetric perineal and vaginal tears, and incidence and risk factors of these tears, respectively. The third and fourth papers examined prevalence and risk factors of urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, obstructed defecation and vaginal bulging at 1 year postpartum.
The current research investigates maternal birth injuries of the levator ani muscle and the anal sphincter complex using 3D ultrasound.
Articles in journals
- Dahlgren, H. , Jansson, M. , Franzén, K. , Hiyoshi, A. & Nilsson, K. (2022). Sexual function in primiparous women: a prospective study. International Urogynecology Journal, 33 (6), 1567-1582.
- Jansson, M. , Franzén, K. , Tegerstedt, G. , Hiyoshi, A. & Nilsson, K. (2021). Stress and urgency urinary incontinence one year after a first birth-prevalence and risk factors: A prospective cohort study. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, 100 (12), 2193-2201.
- Jansson, M. , Franzén, K. , Hiyoshi, A. , Tegerstedt, G. , Dahlgren, H. & Nilsson, K. (2020). Risk factors for perineal and vaginal tears in primiparous women: the prospective POPRACT-cohort study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 20 (1).
- Jansson, M. , Nilsson, K. & Franzén, K. (2019). Development and validation of a protocol for documentation of obstetric perineal lacerations. International Urogynecology Journal, 30 (12), 2069-2076.
- Jansson, M. , Cao, Y. , Nilsson, K. , Larsson, P. & Hagberg, L. (2018). Cost-effectiveness of antibiotic prophylaxis in elective cesarean section. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation, 16.
- Jansson, M. , Nilsson, K. & Franzén, K. (2018). Development and Validation of a Protocol for Documentation of Obstetric Perineal Lacerations. Paper presented at SFOG-veckan 2018, Uppsala, 27-31 augusti, 2018.
- Jansson, M. , Hagberg, L. & Larsson, P. (2015). Kostnadsminimeringsanalys av antibiotikaprofylax vid elektiva sectio: Vetenskapligt ST-projekt. Paper presented at SFOG-veckan 2015, Jönköping.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Jansson, M. (2022). Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and Perineal and Vaginal Tears in Primiparous Women. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Jansson, M. H. , Franzén, K. , Tegerstedt, G. , Brynhildsen, J. , Hiyoshi, A. & Nilsson, K. Fecal incontinence and associated pelvic floor dysfunction during and one year 2 after the first pregnancy : a prospective cohort study.