Soran Rabin BozorgTitle: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Soran Rabin Bozorg
Soran Rabin Bozorg is currently completing his medical internship (allmäntjänstgöring, AT) at Örebro University Hospital while simultaneously pursuing a PhD in Epidemiology and Health Economics within gastrointestinal diseases. He is also a member of the Global Shapers Community, and a member of Global Utmaning (a Swedish think-tank) where he serves as an advisor in the committee on health and wellbeing.
More information on Soran Rabin Bozorg's professional experiences is available on LinkedIn.
The aim of Soran Rabin Bozorg's current research is to explore medical and economic outcomes in patients with chronic inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases, including celiac disease, eosinophilic esophagitis and microscopic colitis. This is done through large-scale epidemiological studies by utilizing data from nationwide registries from the Swedish health system. The research is carried out as part of a doctoral degree, supervised by Prof. Jonas F Ludvigsson, in collaboration with researchers from Karolinska Institutet, University of Gothenburg, Colombia University and Harvard University.
Prior to Soran Rabin Bozorg's ongoing research, he has also pursued epidemiological research within cardiovascular disease, thrombotic disease and colorectal cancer in parallel to medical studies - all at Karolinska Institutet.
MD, Karolinska Institutet, 2020
BSc, Stockholm School of Economics, 2018
Other studies include clinical rotations at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (2019) and at the University of Paris (prev. Paris Descartes University, 2018), and studies in economics and management at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2016).
Articles in journals
- Bozorg, S. R. , Söderling, J. , Everhov, Å. H. , Lebwohl, B. , Green, P. H. , Neovius, M. , Ludvigsson, J. F. & Mårild, K. (2022). Work loss in patients with celiac disease: A population-based longitudinal study. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 20 (5), 1068-1076.e6.
- Bozorg, S. R. , Söderling, J. , Everhiv, Å. H. , Lebwohl, B. , Green, P. H. R. , Neovius, M. , Ludvigsson, J. F. & Mårild, K. (2021). Work loss before and after diagnosis in patients with celiac disease. European Journal of Immunology, 51 (Suppl. 1), 286-286.
- Mårild, K. , Söderling, J. , Bozorg, S. R. , Everhov, Å. H. , Lebwohl, B. , Green, P. H. R. , Neovius, M. & Ludvigsson, J. F. (2020). Costs and Use of Health Care in Patients With Celiac Disease: A Population-Based Longitudinal Study. American Journal of Gastroenterology, 115 (8), 1253-1263.
- Song, M. , Emilsson, L. , Bozorg, S. R. , Nguyen, L. H. , Joshi, A. D. , Staller, K. , Nayor, J. , Chan, A. T. & et al. (2020). Risk of colorectal cancer incidence and mortality after polypectomy: a Swedish record-linkage study. The Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 5 (6), 537-547.
- Bozorg, S. R. , Song, M. , Emilsson, L. & Ludvigsson, J. F. (2019). Validation of serrated polyps (SPs) in Swedish pathology registers. BMC Gastroenterology, 20 (1).