Our main goals are to:
- Understand the physiological responses during recovery.
- Develop new methods and strategies to facilitate recovery during and after strenuous exercise in athletes.
- Develop new recovery methods and strategies to optimize long-term training adaptations in athletes.
- Initiate and enrich fruitful collaborations and co-productive work between academia, professional athletes/teams and private corporate within the sports sector.
- Enrich national and international collaborations within academic research.
- Mentor and train a new generation of early career scientists.