The course includes:
- To analyze, plan and conduct research applications. In this module the doctoral student will examine previous applications and participate in planning and preparation of one or more research applications (depending on the scope of the application);
- To scrutinize scientific texts in the review processes. In this module the doctoral student will examine and criticize the scientific texts in various international journals and conferences;
- To actively participate in the implementation of scientific events. In this module the doctoral student will actively implement the arrangement of conferences or seminars.
Intended course learning outcomes
To obtain a passing grade, the doctoral student shall demonstrate:
- Ability to design a research application according to scientific practice;
- Ability to follow instructions from research funders;
- Ability and proficiency in writing, to process the elements and areas included in a formally acceptable application;
- Knowledge of the research funding system;
- Ability to make ethical considerations in research application writing;
- Ability to analyze in depth and critically evaluate scientific texts;
- Ability to express criticism of scientific texts;
- Ability to conduct scientific events.