Historisk teori och metod, 7,5 högskolepoäng
Research Education Subject
- Sport Science
The course consists of the following course elements:
- Problematisation and theory use
- Tools for source criticism
- The admissibility of evidence
- Analysis methods
- Gender analysis
- Oral history and biography/stories
The doctoral student will after the course be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding and ability to apply modern methods used in contemporary history of scientific research, that is able to understand "the historian's secret workshop".
- Knowledge of using qualitative and quantitative historical practices at a level corresponding to the early postgraduate education.
- The ability in speech and writing independently and critically analyze historical scientific works.
- Knowledge to make independent choice of the method or methods that are best adapted based on the problems, issues and theoretical points selected in the specific survey.
The teaching formats are seminars.