About Andreas Nilsson
Andreas has a special interest in Leadership, Project management och Organization theory.
Andreas has been teaching leadership, project management, organization theory, strategy, research methods and also supervised theses on undergraduate, graduate, and post graduate levels. Pedagogically he has a special interested in different kinds of examination to support learning and the relationship between expected learning outcomes, modes of teaching, and examination in order to support students' development. Additionally, use of IT and internet to support education has also engaged him.
Andreas' research touches upon leadership and project management as practice using research questions like 'what do project managers do when they lead projects?' or 'what do managers do when they delegate?'.
More recent studies have dealt with different pedagogy-related issues like learning environment, learning strategies and students' cheating.
For five years Andreas was Head of Business Administration Division and before that Director of Studies at Umeå University. Outside of academia he has held a number of voluntary leader positions in different organizations.
In 2020 he received a coaching diploma (ICF) and is working as a leadership coach.
Articles in journals
- Englund, H. , Stockhult, H. , Du Rietz, S. , Nilsson, A. & Wennblom, G. (2023). Learning-Environment Uncertainty and Students' Approaches to Learning: A Self-Determination Theory Perspective. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research, 67 (4), 559-573.
- Blomquist, T. , Hällgren, M. , Nilsson, A. & Söderholm, A. (2012). Project-as-practice: in search of project management research that matters. IEEE Engineering Management Review, 40 (3), 88-103.
- Nilsson, A. & Wilson, T. L. (2012). Reflections on Barry W. Boehm's "A spiral model of software development and enhancement". International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald, 5 (4), 737-756.
- Hällgren, M. , Nilsson, A. , Blomquist, T. & Söderholm, A. (2012). Relevance lost! : a critical review of project management standardisation. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business/Emerald, 5 (3), 457-485.
- Blomquist, T. , Hällgren, M. , Nilsson, A. & Söderholm, A. (2010). Project-as-practice: in search of project management research that matters. Project Management Journal, 41 (1), 5-16.
- Nilsson, A. (2005). The change masters: Project managers in short-duration projects. Project Perspectives, 27 (1), 42-45.
Chapters in books
- Blomquist, T. , Hällgren, M. & Nilsson, A. (2006). Development of virtual teams and learning communities. In: Tripathy, K., Collaborating virtually: concepts and applications (pp. 121-131). Punjagutta, India: Icfai University Press.
- Kremel, A. & Nilsson, A. (2022). Creating (un)ethical management for sustainable economy: – dimensions from a literature review. Paper presented at 9th International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business (ICSR 2022), Östersund, Sweden, September 15-16, 2022.
- Nilsson, A. (2022). Studying delegation: A systematic review and a research agenda. Paper presented at 20th International Studying Leadership Conference, University of Sussex Business School, Brighton, UK, December 11-13, 2022.
- Kremel, A. & Nilsson, A. (2022). Varför fuskar studenterna? Avrapportering av ett pedagogiskt utvecklingsprojekt. Paper presented at Högskolepedagogisk konferens, Örebro universitet, Örebro, September 29, 2022.
- Brinkfeldt, N. & Nilsson, A. (2015). Förstå mig rätt: tydligare tentamen för lärares och studenters skull. In: Universitetspedagogiska konferensen 2015 Gränslös kunskap. Program. Paper presented at Universitetspedagogiska konferensen 2015, Gränslös kunskap, Umeå, Sweden, October 8-9, 2015. (pp. 15-17). Umeå: Umeå universitet.
- Nilsson, A. & Brinkfeldt, N. (2015). The analyzing and reflecting student: a matter of course design. Paper presented at Sakai (Online) Virtual Conference: "The Future of the Learning Management System is Open", November 4, 2015.
- Blomquist, T. , Gällstedt, M. , Hällgren, M. , Nilsson, A. & Söderholm, A. (2006). Project as practice: making project research matter. In: Proceedings of IRNOP VII project research conference. Paper presented at 7th IRNOP Research Conference, Northwestern Polytech Univ, Xian, China, October 11-13, 2006. (pp. 540-549). Beijing: China Publishing House of Electronics Industry.
- Hällgren, M. , Blomquist, T. , Nilsson, A. & Söderholm, A. (2006). Project management practice: making project management research matter. Paper presented at Irnop 2006, Xian, China, October 11-13, 2006.
- Hällgren, M. & Nilsson, A. (2006). Project management practice: the activities of coordination in a meeting. In: Proceedings of IRNOP VII project research conference. Paper presented at 7th IRNOP Research Conference, Northwestern Polytech Univ, Xian, China, October 11-13, 2006. (pp. 526-539). Beijing: China Publishing House of Electronics Industry.
- Blomquist, T. , Hällgren, M. & Nilsson, A. (2005). Development of Virtual Teams and Learning Communities. In: Méndez Vilas A., Gonzalez Pereira B., Mesa González, J. och Mesa González, J.A., Recent Research Developments in Learning Technologies Proceedings m-ICTE2005. Paper presented at Formatex, Badajos, Spain, March 15-18, 2005. (pp. 1184-1189). Badajos, Spain: Formatex Research Center.
- Nilsson, A. & Söderholm, A. (2005). From Blueprints to maps in project management. Paper presented at EURAM Conference, Munich, Germany, May 4-7, 2005.
- Nilsson, A. (2004). The Change Masters: Project Managers in Short-Duration Projects. Paper presented at IRNOP VI, Turku, Finland, August 25-27, 2004.
- Nilsson, A. (2002). Team development in environments of simultaneous, short time projects. Paper presented at IRNOP V, International research network and organizing by projects, Rotterdam, Netherlands, May 29–31, 2002.
Doctoral theses, monographs
- Nilsson, A. (2008). Projektledning i praktiken: Observationer av arbete i korta projekt. (Doctoral dissertation). Umeå: Handelshögskolan vid Umeå universitet.
Licentiate theses, monographs
- Nilsson, A. (2004). Projektledning i korta projekt: Observationer av projektledares arbete i multiprojektmiljö. Lic. Umeå: Umeå universitet.
- Kremel, A. & Nilsson, A. (2022). Varför fuskar studenterna? Avrapportering av ett pedagogiskt projekt.. Örebro universitet.