Darun JafTitle: Lecturer School/office: School of Law, Psychology and Social Work
Phone: +46 19 303118
Articles in journals | Chapters in books | Conference papers | Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries | Manuscripts |
Articles in journals
- Latina, D. , Jaf, D. , Alberti, R. & Tilton-Weaver, L. (2022). Can participation in organized sports help adolescents refrain from self-harm? An analysis of underlying mechanisms. Psychology of Sport And Exercise, 59.
- Jaf, D. , Özdemir, M. & Skoog, T. (2021). Immigrant and Swedish adolescents' involvement in organized sports activities: an expectancy-value approach. BMC Psychology, 9 (1).
- Jaf, D. , Özdemir, M. & Bayram Özdemir, S. (2021). The Role of Parents’ Disapproval of Peers and Monitoring on Immigrant and Native Youth’s Participation in Organized Sports in Sweden: The Mediating Role of Engagement in Delinquent Activities. Journal of Early Adolescence, 41 (3), 437-471.
Chapters in books
- Jaf, D. & Skoog, T. (2018). Ungas kärleksrelationer. In: Emma Sorbring, Thomas Johansson, Barn och ungdomsvetenskap. Stockholm: Liber.
- Jaf, D. , Skoog, T. & Özdemir, M. (2017). Does parenting behavior influence youth’s participation in organized sports activities?. In: 6th ENSEC Conference Programme & Information. Paper presented at 6th European Networks For Social And Emotional Competence Conference (ENSEC 2017), Stockholm, Sweden, June 7-9, 2017 (pp. 69-69).
- Jaf, D. , Özdemir, M. & Bayram Özdemir, S. (2016). Why are immigrant youths less involved in organized sports than their native peers?: The role of parenting behaviors. Paper presented at SRA Biennial Meeting (Society for Research on Adolescent) Baltimore, MA, USA, March 31 - April 2, 2016.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Jaf, D. (2021). Understanding Parents' Role on Adolescents' Involvement in Organized Sports Activities. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Jaf, D. , Wagnsson, S. , Skoog, T. , Glatz, T. & Özdemir, M. The role of Immigrant and Swedish Parents’ Supportive Behaviors in Sports Settings in Adolescents’ Sports Related-Values and Sports Dropout.