- Humanities-Social sciences
Research in criminology at Örebro University is mainly conducted at the research center CAPS - center for Criminological And PsychoSocial research. The overall objective of the research conducted at CAPS is to produce practically useful research on antisocial, norm breaking, criminal behavior, and psychosocial adjustment and development in a broader sense. The current research areas and research questions are what define CAPS.
Current research areas are:
- Norm breaking/criminal behavior - Risk and protective factors and interventions.
- Psychopathic personality (psychopathy) - Measurement, development, risk and protective factors and association with antisocial/criminal behavior.
- Exposure to violence, bullying and neglect - Prevalence, consequences and interventions.
- Police methods and their effectiveness.
- Checklists and assessment instruments to improve psychosocial practice - development and evaluation.