Fredrik SöderqvistTitle: Affiliated Researcher School/office: School of Health Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Fredrik Söderqvist
Fredrik is a trained public health scientist and associate professor in public health. He is currently working as a research leader in public health at the University Health Care Research Center, Region Örebro County. Before that he worked as an epidemiologist at Region Västmanland with mainly public health surveillance.
A recurring reflection from his nine years of working as an epidemiologist has been the need for a more academic approach to public health practice. The new position as research leader in public health, since March 2021, therefore feels both exciting and stimulating. It is part of a coordinated effort, by Region Örebro County, that aims to accomplish just that - a more academic approach to public health practice. This effort is anchored anchored in leading regulatory documents such as the Strategy for clinical research and innovation and the Regional development strategy.
The position as research leader includes the following main tasks:
- Monitor, support and stimulate research in the field of public health
- Develop and lead collaboration between different functions in the area
- Teach and supervise
- Conduct your own research
Fredrik conducts research in several areas but with public health science perspective being the common denominator. Currently, the focus is mostly on adolescent mental health and more specifically on how to reliably monitor mental well-beiing in population studies, the study of determinants of adolescent mental wellbeing, and to develop a universal intervention program to promote adolescent mental health wellbeing in upper secondary schools. For more information about the latter, visit SIM.
Articles in journals
- Söderqvist, F. & Larm, P. (2021). Psychometric evaluation of the mental health continuum: short form in Swedish adolescents. Current Psychology.
- Guo, C. , Keller, C. , Söderqvist, F. & Tomson, G. (2020). Promotion by Education: Adolescent Mental Health Policy Translation in a Local Context of China. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 47 (1), 1-7.
- Guo, C. , Tomson, G. , Keller, C. & Söderqvist, F. (2018). Prevalence and correlates of positive mental health in Chinese adolescents. BMC Public Health, 18 (1).
- Söderqvist, F. , Carlberg, M. & Hardell, L. (2015). Biomarkers in volunteers exposed to mobile phone radiation. Toxicology Letters, 235 (2), 140-146.
- Guo, C. , Tomson, G. , Guo, J. , Li, X. , Keller, C. & Söderqvist, F. (2015). Psychometric evaluation of the Mental Health Continuum-Short Form (MHC-SF) in Chinese adolescents: a methodological study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 13 (1).
- Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. & Mild, K. H. (2014). Mobile Phones and Cancer: Next Steps. Epidemiology, 25 (4), 617-618.
- Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. & Mild, K. H. (2013). Case-control study of the association between malignant brain tumours diagnosed between 2007 and 2009 and mobile and cordless phone use. International Journal of Oncology, 43 (6), 1833-1845.
- Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. , Mild, K. H. & Hardell, L. (2013). Meningioma patients diagnosed 2007-2009 and the association with use of mobile and cordless phones: a case-control study. Environmental health, 12.
- Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. & Mild, K. H. (2013). Pooled analysis of case-control studies on acoustic neuroma diagnosed 1997-2003 and 2007-2009 and use of mobile and cordless phones. International Journal of Oncology, 43 (4), 1036-1044.
- Söderqvist, F. , Carlberg, M. , Hansson Mild, K. & Hardell, L. (2009). Exposure to an 890-MHz mobile phone-like signal and serum levels of S100B and transthyretin in volunteers. Toxicology Letters, 189 (1), 63-66.
- Söderqvist, F. , Carlberg, M. & Hardell, L. (2009). Mobile and cordless telephones, serum transthyretin and the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier: a cross-sectional study. Environmental health, 8, 19.
- Söderqvist, F. , Carlberg, M. & Hardell, L. (2009). Use of wireless telephones and serum S100B levels: a descriptive cross-sectional study among healthy Swedish adults aged 18-65 years. Science of the Total Environment, 407 (2), 798-805.
- Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. , Hardell, K. , Björnfoth, H. , van Bavel, B. & Lindström, G. (2008). Increased concentrations of certain persistent organic pollutants in subjects with self-reported electromagnetic hypersensitivity: a pilot study. Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, 27 (2), 197-203.
- Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. & Hansson Mild, K. (2008). Meta-analysis of long-term mobile phone use and the association with brain tumours. International Journal of Oncology, 32 (5), 1097-1103.
- Söderqvist, F. , Carlberg, M. & Hardell, L. (2008). Use of wireless telephones and self-reported health symptoms: a population-based study among Swedish adolescents aged 15-19 years. Environmental health, 7 (1), 1-10.
- Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. , Söderqvist, F. , Mild, K. H. & Morgan, L. L. (2007). Long-term use of cellular phones and brain tumours: increased risk associated with use for ≥10 years. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 64 (9), 626-632.
- Söderqvist, F. , Hardell, L. , Carlberg, M. & Hansson Mild, K. (2007). Ownership and use of wireless telephones: a population-based study of Swedish children aged 7-14 years. BMC public health, 7, 105.
- Hardell, L. , Mild, K. H. , Carlberg, M. & Söderqvist, F. (2006). Tumour risk associated with use of cellular telephones or cordless desktop telephones. World Journal of Surgical Oncology, 4:74.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Söderqvist, F. (2009). Health symptoms and potential effects on the blood-brain and blood-cerebrospinal fluid barriers associated with use of wireless telephones. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro universitet.
- Söderqvist, F. (2019). Forskningsprojekt i samverkan för att beskriva och stärka hälsan bland ensamkommande ungdomar och personal vid HVB hem och stödboenden i tre svenska kommuner.. Samordningsförbundet Västra Mälardalen.
- Söderqvist, F. (2018). Skillnader i positiv psykisk hälsa bland olika grupper: En kartläggande litteraturöversikt utifrån kön, ålder, socioekonomisk status, födelseland och sexuell läggning.. Folkhälsomyndigheten.
- Söderqvist, F. (2018). Skillnader i positiv psykisk hälsa bland skolungdomar: Analys utifrån Liv och hälsa ung undersökningsåren 2014 och 2017.. Folkhälsomyndigheten.