Jir BarzangiPosition: Affiliated Researcher School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: No number available
About Jir Barzangi
Jir Barzangi is a dentist and a specialist in oral and maxillofacial radiology at the specialist dental care clinic in Västerås. He is also a researcher at the research centre in public dental health care organization of Örebro county and an affiliated researcher at Örebro university.
Research and teaching
Jir finalised his PhD at Örebro university in year 2017. Subject of the thesis was the traditional East African practice of Infant Dental Enucleation. His research has shown prevalence of patients in Sweden whom have previously been subjected to the practice. Also, he has explored perceptions and experiences of IDE among Swedish residents of East African origin, and further knowledge of and attitudes toward the practice among Swedish dental and health care personnel.
Other upcoming research is mainly on oral and maxillofacial imaging, focusing on justification and follow-up routines.
Jir is a reviewer for international scientific journals and a lecturer at national scientific gatherings.
Articles in journals
- Barzangi, J. , Arnrup, K. , Unell, L. & Skovdahl, K. (2019). Experiences and perceptions of infant dental enucleation among Somali immigrants in Sweden: a phenomenographic study. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, 77 (8), 566-573.
- Barzangi, J. , Unell, L. , Skovdahl, K. & Arnrup, K. (2018). Knowledge, experiences and attitudes of dental and health care personnel in Sweden towards infant dental enucleation. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, 19 (4), 229-237.
- Barzangi, J. , Unell, L. , Söderfeldt, B. , Bond, J. , Musse, I. A. & Arnrup, K. (2014). Infant dental enucleation in an East African population in Sweden: a cross-sectional study on dental records. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, 24 (3), 209-214.
- Barzangi, J. , Unell, L. , Söderfeldt, B. & Arnrup, K. (2014). Infant dental enucleation: A literature review on a traditional remedial practice in East Africa. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, 72 (3), 168-178.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Barzangi, J. (2017). Infant Dental Enucleation in Sweden: Perspectives on a Practice among Residents of Eastern African Origin. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Barzangi, J. , Arnrup, K. , Unell, L. & Skovdahl, K. Experiences and perceptions of infant dental enucleation among Somali immigrants in Sweden : A phenomenographic study.
- Barzangi, J. , Unell, L. , Skovdahl, K. & Arnrup, K. Knowledge, experiences and attitudes of dental and health care personnel in Sweden towards infant dental enucleation.