About Lame Maatla Kenalemang-Palm
Lame Maatla Kenalemang-Palm holds a PhD in Media and Communication Studies and is currently employed as a researcher in Media and Communication Studies. Her research interests are on discourses of ageing and gender in advertising media. During her period as a doctoral candidate she was part of the research school of Successful Ageing at Örebro University. She previously holds a BA in Humanities (double major in Environmental Science and English literature and linguistics) from University of Botswana, Botswana; and an MA in Global Media Studies from Karlstad University, Sweden.
Articles in journals
- Eriksson, G. & Kenalemang, L. M. (2023). How cosmetic apps fragmentise and metricise the female face: A multimodalcritical discourse analysis. Discourse & Communication, 17 (3), 278-297.
- Kenalemang-Palm, L. M. (2023). "It takes a long time to become young": A critical feminist intersectional study of Vogue’s Non-Issue. European Journal of Cultural Studies.
- Kenalemang-Palm, L. M. (2023). The beautification of men within skincare advertisements: A multimodal critical discourse analysis. Journal of Aging Studies, 66.
- Kenalemang, L. M. (2022). Visual ageism and the subtle sexualisation of older celebrities in L'Oreal's advert campaigns: a Multimodal Critical Discourse Analysis. Ageing & Society, 42 (9), 2122-2139.
- Kenalemang-Palm, L. M. & Eriksson, G. (2021). The scientifization of “green” anti-ageing cosmetics in online marketing: a multimodal critical discourse analysis. Social Semiotics, 1-20.
- Alexopoulou, S. , Fart, F. , Jonsson, A. , Karni, L. , Kenalemang, L. M. , Krishna, S. , Lindblad, K. , Loutfi, A. & et al. Kristoffersson, E. (ed.) & Nilsson, K. (ed.) (2018). Successful ageing in an interdisciplinary context: popular science presentations. Örebro: Örebro University.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Kenalemang-Palm, L. M. (2022). Recontextualising ageing as a choice: A critical approach to representations of successful ageing. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.