Research subject Research environments
About Marianne Skoog
Information in Swedish.
Articles in journals | Chapters in books | Conference papers | Doctoral theses, monographs |
Articles in journals
- Due, K. , Skoog, M. , Areljung, S. , Ottander, C. & Sundberg, B. (2023). Teachers' conceptualisations of science teaching - obstacles and opportunities for pedagogical continuity across early childhood school forms. International Journal of Early Years Education, 31 (3), 790-805.
- Areljung, S. , Skoog, M. & Sundberg, B. (2022). Teaching for Emergent Disciplinary Drawing in Science? Comparing Teachers' and Children's Ways of Representing Science Content in Early Childhood Classrooms. Research in science education, 52 (3), 909-926.
- Areljung, S. , Due, K. , Ottander, C. , Skoog, M. & Sundberg, B. (2021). Why and how teachers make use of drawing activities in early childhood science education. International Journal of Science Education, 43 (13), 2127-2147.
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2020). Textual resources in the classroom: the challenge of integrating critical approaches. Pedagogies: An International Journal, 15 (4), 263-314.
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2017). Classroom interaction and its potential for literacy learning. Nordic Journal of Literacy Research, 3 (1), 45-60.
Chapters in books
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2018). The question of teaching talk: Targeting diversity and participation. In: Ninni Wahlström & Daniel Sundberg, Transnational curriculum standards and classroom practices: the new meaning of teaching (pp. 83-97). London: Taylor & Francis.
- Skoog, M. , Wahlström, N. & Skillmark, A. (2015). Ett sociopolitiskt perspektiv på critical literacy i en tid av globalisering. In: Berit Lundgren & Ulla Damber, Critical literacy i svensk klassrumskontext (pp. 175-188). Umeå: Umeå universitet.
- Sundberg, B. , Ottander, C. , Areljung, S. , Due, K. & Skoog, M. (2021). TEACHING ABOUT WATER IN PRESCHOOL, PRESCHOOL-CLASS, AND PRIMARY SCHOOL: STEPPING STONES TOWARDS SCIENCE LITERACY OR MORE OF THE SAME?. Paper presented at 13th Nordic Research Symposium on Science Education (NFSUN 2021), (Online symposium), June 1-2, 2021.
- Sundberg, B. , Areljung, S. , Due, K. , Ottander, C. & Skoog, M. (2019). Exploring science teaching continuity across ECE sectors: How do the teachers in different school forms deal with the same content?. Paper presented at 13th Conference of the European Science Education Research Association (ESERA 2019), Bologna, Italy, August 26-30, 2019.
- Sundberg, B. , Areljung, S. , Due, K. , Ottander, C. & Skoog, M. (2019). Handling frame factors, educational cultures and teacher experience when using third generation activity theory: Analyzing transition challenges across preschool, preschool class and primary school for early years science teaching. Paper presented at 8th Nordic Conference on Cultural and Activity Research 2019 (ISCAR 19), Trondheim, Norway, June 18-20, 2019.
- Sundberg, B. , Areljung, S. , Due, K. , Ottander, C. & Skoog, M. (2019). Using third generation activity theory to understand teachers' boundary work across early childhood school forms: an example focusing science teaching (dis)continuities. Paper presented at 8th Nordic Conference on Cultural and Activity Research 2019 (ISCAR 19), Trondheim, Norway, June 18-20, 2019.
- Sundberg, B. , Areljung, S. , Skoog, M. , Ottander, C. & Due, K. (2018). Broar för naturvetenskap: kontinuitet i övergången mellan förskola, förskoleklass och årskurs 1-3. Paper presented at Nationell ämnesdidaktisk konferens (NÄD2018), Kristianstad, Sweden, April 26-27, 2018.
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2018). Digital resources in diverse classrooms: combining digital technology with functional and critical literacy. In: NERA 2018- 46th CONGRESS. Educational Research: Boundaries, Breaches and Bridges Abstracts. Paper presented at 46th Congress of the Nordic Educational Research Association (NERA 2018), Oslo, Norway, March 8-10, 2018. (pp. 336-337).
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2018). Textual Resources in Diverse Classrooms: Combining Functional Use with Approaches of Criticality. Paper presented at European Conference on Educational Research (ECER/EERA 2018), Bolzano, Italy, September 3-7, 2018.
- Areljung, S. , Due, K. , Ottander, C. , Skoog, M. & Sundberg, B. (2018). The role of children’s drawings in science teaching: A comparison across preschool, preschool class and early primary school. Paper presented at XVIII Symposium of the International Organization for Science and Technology Education (IOSTE 2018), Malmö, Sweden, August 13-17, 2018.
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2017). The Question of Teaching Talk. In: 3rd European Conference on Curriculum Studies Curriculum: Theory, Policy, Practice: 16-17 June 2017, University of Stirling Book of Abstracts. Paper presented at 3rd European Conference on Curriculum Studies: Theory, Policy, Practice, Stirling, Scotland, June 16-17, 2017. (pp. 77-78).
- Schmidt, C. & Skoog, M. (2016). Repertoires of classroom interaction and its potential for literacy learning in two Swedish classrooms in the middle school years. Paper presented at European Conference on Educational Research (ECER 2016), Leading Education: The Distinct Contributions of Educational Research and Researchers, Dublin, Ireland, August 23-26, 2016.
- Wahlström, N. , Skillmark, A. & Skoog, M. (2013). Contextualizing critical literacy. Paper presented at NFPF/ NERA, Nordic Conference on Educational Research, Reykjavik, Iceland, March 7-9, 2013.
- Wahlström, N. & Skoog, M. (2012). A 'pluralistic literacy' - is there a need for such a didactic concept?. Paper presented at The Nordic Educational Research Association, NERA, Copenhagen, March 8-10, 2012.
- Skoog, M. , Tellgren, B. & Carlsson, R. (2012). Different Influences on Learning and Teaching Practices in Preschool and Preschool Class. Paper presented at Möjligheternas barn - villkor för uppväxt och lärande, Örebro universitet, Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap, Örebro, Sweden, November 5-7, 2012.
- Tellgren, B. , Carlsson, R. & Skoog, M. (2012). Two different influences of learning for younger children. Paper presented at 22nd Annual meeting at the EECERA congress in Porto, Portugal 29 aug-1 sept 2012.
- Bagga-Gupta, S. & Skoog, M. (2006). Monological literacy practices in present day pluralistic preschool and school contexts. Paper presented at 34th Congress of the Nordic Educational Research Association, Symposium “Interactions in and discourses about diversity in educational settings in the new millennium III, Örebro.
- Skoog, M. (2003). Literacy encounters in the early school years: research issues. Paper presented at 2003 International AILA Conference on Literacy, Multiliteracies, The Contact Zone, Ghent, Belgium, September 22-27, 2003.
Doctoral theses, monographs
- Skoog, M. (2012). Skriftspråkande i förskoleklass och årskurs 1. (Doctoral dissertation). Örebro: Örebro universitet.