Renée AllvinPosition: Affiliated Researcher School/office: School of Health Sciences
Phone: No number available
About Renée Allvin
PhD, Associate professor, Registered nurse.
Coordinator Research and Development, Clinical Skills Center, Örebro University Hospital, Region Örebro county.
Phone: + 46 79 06 333 40
Renée's research projects involve professional development and pedagogical competence in clinical practice.
Articles in journals
- Allvin, R. , Bisholt, B. , Blomberg, K. , Bååth, C. & Wangensteen, S. (2020). Self-assessed competence and need for further training among registered nurses in somatic hospital wards in Sweden: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Nursing, 19 (1).
- Tamás, É. , Södersved Källestedt, M. , Hult, H. , Carlzon, L. , Karlgren, K. , Berndtzon, M. , Hultin, M. , Masiello, I. & et al. (2020). Simulation educators in clinical work: the manager's perspective. Journal of Health Organization & Management, 34 (2), 181-191.
- Tamás, É. , Södersved Källestedt, M. , Hult, H. , Karlgren, K. & Allvin, R. (2019). Closing the Gap: Experienced Simulation Educators' Role and Impact on Everyday Health care. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, 39 (1), 36-41.
- Allvin, R. , Fjordkvist, E. & Blomberg, K. (2019). Struggling to be seen and understood as a person: chronic back pain patients’ experiences of encounters in healthcare: an interview study. Nursing Open, 6 (3), 1047-1054.
- Hilding, U. , Allvin, R. & Blomberg, K. (2018). Striving for a balance between leading and following the patient and family - nurses' strategies to facilitate the transition from life-prolonging care to palliative care: an interview study. BMC Palliative Care, 17 (1).
- Allvin, R. , Berndtzon, M. , Carlzon, L. , Edelbring, S. , Hult, H. , Hultin, M. , Karlgren, K. , Masiello, I. & et al. (2017). Confident but not theoretically grounded - experienced simulation educators' perceptions of their own professional development. Advances in Medical Education and Practice, 8, 99-108.
- Hartwig, M. , Allvin, R. , Bäckström, R. & Stenberg, E. (2017). Factors Associated with Increased Experience of Postoperative Pain after Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery. Obesity Surgery, 27 (7), 1854-1858.
- Bratt, A. , Allvin, R. & Wann-Hansson, C. (2017). Modifying a generic postoperative recovery profile instrument to an instrument specifically targeting coronary artery bypass grafting. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 31 (3), 475-486.
- Ewertsson, M. , Bagga-Gupta, S. , Allvin, R. & Blomberg, K. (2017). Tensions in learning professional identities - nursing students' narratives and participation in practical skills during their clinical practice: an ethnographic study. BMC Nursing, 16.
- Allvin, R. , Rawal, N. , Johanzon, E. & Bäckström, R. (2016). Open versus Laparoscopic Surgery: Does the Surgical Technique Influence Pain Outcome? Results from an International Registry. Pain Research and Treatment.
- Blomberg, K. , Isaksson, A. , Allvin, R. , Bisholt, B. , Ewertsson, M. , Kullén Engström, A. , Ohlsson, U. , Sundler, A. J. & et al. (2016). Work stress among newly graduated nurses in relation to workplace and clinical group supervision. Journal of Nursing Management, 24 (1), 80-87.
- Ewertsson, M. , Gustafsson, M. , Blomberg, K. , Holmström, I. K. & Allvin, R. (2015). Use of technical skills and medical devices among new registered nurses: A questionnaire study. Nurse Education Today, 35 (12), 1169-1174.
- Ewertsson, M. , Allvin, R. , Holmström, I. K. & Blomberg, K. (2015). Walking the bridge: Nursing students' learning in clinical skill laboratories. Nurse Education in Practice, 15 (4), 277-283.
- Rothaug, J. , Zaslansky, R. , Schwenkglenks, M. , Komann, M. , Allvin, R. , Backstrom, R. , Bri, S. , Buchholz, I. & et al. (2013). Patients' Perception of Postoperative Pain Management: Validation of the International Pain Outcomes (IPO) Questionnaire. Journal of Pain, 14 (11), 1361-1370.
- Allvin, R. , Kling, A. , Idvall, E. & Svensson, E. (2012). Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) after total hip- and knee replacement surgery evaluated by the Postoperative Recovery Profile questionnaire (PRP): improving clinical quality and person-centeredness. The International Journal of Person Centered Medicine, 2 (3), 368-376.
- Allvin, R. , Svensson, E. , Rawal, N. , Ehnfors, M. , Kling, A. & Idvall, E. (2011). The Postoperative Recovery Profile (PRP): a multidimensional questionnaire for evaluation of recovery profiles. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice, 17 (2), 236-243.
- Allvin, R. , Ehnfors, M. , Rawal, N. , Svensson, E. & Idvall, E. (2009). Development of a questionnaire to measure patient-reported postoperative recovery: content validity and intra-patient reliability. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice, 15 (3), 411-419.
- Allvin, R. , Ehnfors, M. , Rawal, N. & Idvall, E. (2008). Experiences of the postoperative recovery process: an interview study. The open nursing journal, 2, 1-7.
- Allvin, R. , Ehnfors, M. , Rawal, N. & Idvall, E. (2008). Experiences of the postoperative recovery process: an interview study. Open Nursing Journal, 2, 1-7.
- Allvin, R. , Berg, K. , Idvall, E. & Nilsson, U. (2007). Postoperative recovery: a concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 57 (5), 552-558.
- Allvin, R. , Thompson, C. & Edelbring, S. (2023). Variations in measurement of interprofessional core competencies: a systematic review of self-report instruments in undergraduate health professions education. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 1-13.
- Allvin, R. , Thompson, C. & Edelbring, S. (2020). Assessment of interprofessional competence in undergraduate health professions education: protocol for a systematic review of self-report instruments. Systematic Reviews, 9 (1).
- Ewertsson, M. , Gustafsson, M. , Blomberg, K. , Holmström, I. & Allvin, R. (2016). Use of technical skills and medical devices among new registered nurses: a questionnaire study. New registered nurses’ use of technical skills and possibility for continued learning. Paper presented at AMEE –An international association for medical education. International Conference. Barcelona, Spain, 2016 27-31/8.
- Ewertsson, M. , Allvin, R. , Holmström, I. & Blomberg, K. (2013). Nurse students’ experiences of learning in clinical skills laboratory: the bridge between university and clinical settings. In: Nordic Conference on Advances in Health Care Sciences Research 2013. Paper presented at Nordic Conference on Advances in Health Care Sciences Research, 13-14 november, 2013, Lund.
- Blomberg, K. , Allvin, R. , Ewertsson, M. , Gustafsson, M. , Kullén Engström, A. , Ohlsson, U. , Sundler Johansson, A. & Bisholt, B. (2012). Clinical group supervision in nursing education for integrate ethical reasoning: students and supervisors’ view. Paper presented at 13th International Nursing Ethics Conference, Izmir, Turkey, October 4 – 6, 2012.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Allvin, R. (2009). Postoperative recovery: development of a multi-dimensional questionnaire for assessment of Recovery. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro universitet.
- Ewertsson, M. , Bagga-Gupta, S. , Allvin, R. & Blomberg, K. Tensions in learning professional identities : nursing students narratives and participation in practical skills during their clinical practice.