About Sabina Du Rietz
Sabina Du Rietz is Senior Lecturer at Örebro University School of Business since 2017. She received a PhD from Stockholm Business School, Stockholm University, in 2013 and has previously worked as assistant professor at Norwegian School of Economics (NHH). Prior to the PhD, she worked in finance at Handelsbanken and the Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund.
Du Rietz studies sustainability control and measurement and has studied this subject in the context of the financial sector, multinational companies, national accounts and circular economy.
Du Rietz represents Örebro University on the steering committee of the Swedish Academic Consortium on Chemical Safety (SWACCS).
At Örebro University School of Business she teaches sustainability and management control at bachelor level and environmental management and sustainability control on the master profile in Sustainable Business. She also teaches circular economy and sustainability control on executive education programs.
Since 2021, she is an Excellent teacher at Örebro University.
Articles in journals
- Englund, H. , Stockhult, H. , Du Rietz, S. , Nilsson, A. & Wennblom, G. (2022). Learning-Environment Uncertainty and Students' Approaches to Learning: A Self-Determination Theory Perspective. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- Du Rietz, S. (2022). Making up circular consumers: young adults’ personal accounting and counter earmarking within a circular deposit-refund scheme. Accounting Forum, 1-28.
- Du Rietz, S. (2019). En cirkulär ekonomi: företagsekonomiskt tänkande bortom den linjära värdekedjan. Organisation & Samhälle, 2, 38-43.
- Borglund, T. , Prenkert, F. , Frostenson, M. , Helin, S. & Du Rietz, S. (2019). External facilitators as ‘Legitimizers’ in designing a master's program in sustainable business at a Swedish business school: A typology of industry collaborator roles in RME. The International Journal of Management Education, 17 (3).
- Du Rietz, S. (2018). Information vs knowledge: Corporate accountability in environmental, social, and governance issues. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, 31 (2), 586-607.
- Du Rietz, S. (2017). Slutt å handle hos storkjedene!. Bergens Tidende.
- Du Rietz, S. (2014). When accounts become information: A study of investors’ ESG analysis practice. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 30 (4), 395-408.
Chapters in books
- Du Rietz, S. (2016). Responsible investment in Sweden. In: Tessa Hebb, James P. Hawley, Andreas G.F. Hoepner, Agnes L. Neher, David Wood, The Routledge handbook of responsible investment (pp. 336-344). New York: Routledge.
- Du Rietz, S. (2015). Sweden: CSR as non-union arena for union issues. In: Lutz Preuss, Michael Gold, Chris Rees, Corporate Social Responsibility and Trade Unions: Perspectives across Europe (pp. 169-184). Oxon: Routledge.
- Du Rietz, S. (2015). Valuation devices' orientation to each other: Imitation and differentiation among devices valuing companies social and environmental performance. In: Martin Kornberger, Lise Justesen, Anders Koed Madsen, and Jan Mouritsen, Making Things Valuable (pp. 148-166). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Du Rietz, S. & Kremel, A. (2022). Consumer behavior as a challenge and opportunity for circular food packaging: A systematic literature review. Paper presented at 26th Biennial Nordic Academy of Management Conference, Örebro, Sweden, August 24-26, 2022.
- Du Rietz, S. (2021). Accounting for GDP – epistemic strategies when calculating the quarterly national accounts. Paper presented at 13th Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Conference, Innsbruck, Austria, July 7–9, 2021.
- Du Rietz, S. (2017). Sustainability Accounting Numbers and Authority in Investor-Company Relations. Paper presented at 40th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association (EAA 2017), Valencia, Spain, May 10-12, 2017.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Du Rietz, S. (2013). Accounting in the field of governance. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Stockholm: School of Business, Stockholm University.
- Babri, M. , Carlborg, P. & Du Rietz, S. (2020). Cirkulära praktiker: hur går vi från ord till handling?.. Örebro universitet, Handelshögskolan.