Snieguole VingelieneTitle: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: +46 19 302181
About Snieguole Vingeliene
Snieguole Vingeliene started her doctoral studies in March 2017. She completed postgraduate studies (MSc) in Public Health Nutrition at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 2010. She then worked at the Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Research Unit in Cambridge and contributed to the “Diet and Nutrition Survey of Infants and Young Children, 2011” report. In May 2012, she joined the Continuous Update Project (CUP) team at Imperial College London and conducted systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses on cancer risk associated with anthropometric measurements, physical activity and diet.
The PhD project is in Medical Science with specialisation in the epidemiology of biological processes in ageing. Longitudinal data will be used to assess biological and social factors relevant to successful ageing.
Articles in journals
- Vingeliene, S. , Hiyoshi, A. , Lentjes, M. , Fall, K. & Montgomery, S. (2022). Ageing accounts for much of the association between decreasing grip strength and subsequent loneliness: the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.
- Vingeliene, S. , Hiyoshi, A. , Lentjes, M. , Fall, K. & Montgomery, S. (2019). Longitudinal analysis of loneliness and inflammation at older ages: English longitudinal study of ageing. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 110.
- Almoosawi, S. , Palla, L. , Walshe, I. , Vingeliene, S. & Ellis, J. G. (2018). Long Sleep Duration and Social Jetlag Are Associated Inversely with a Healthy Dietary Pattern in Adults: Results from the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey Rolling Programme Y1-4. Nutrients, 10 (9).
- Almoosawi, S. , Vingeliene, S. , Gachon, F. , Voortman, T. , Palla, L. , Johnston, J. D. , Van Dam, R. M. , Darimont, C. & et al. (2019). Chronotype: Implications for Epidemiologic Studies on Chrono-Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health. Advances in Nutrition, 10 (1), 30-42.
- Vingeliene, S. , Chan, D. , Vieira, A. R. , Polemiti, E. , Stevens, C. A. , Abar, L. , Navarro Rosenblatt, D. A. , Greenwood, D. C. & et al. (2017). An update of the WCRF/AICR systematic literature review and meta-analysis on dietary and anthropometric factors and esophageal cancer risk. Annals of Oncology, 28 (10), 2409-2419.