About Uwe Köckemann
About Uwe Köckemann
Uwe Köckemann is a researcher in artificial intelligence. His research is focused on integrative AI, as well as hybrid methods for automated planning and human-aware planning.
Uwe received his Master's degree in Autonomous Systems from the Department of
Computer Science, University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, Germany, in
2010, and the Ph.D. degree from Örebro University, Örebro, Sweden, in 2016. His
research interests are integrating automated planning with reasoning about time,
resources, humans, and other types of knowledge. He was responsible for
configuration planning and data collection in the E-care@home research
environment (KKS 2015-2020), and responsible for the culturally-aware planning
and scheduling component of the CARESSES EU/Japan project (H2020-EU 2017-2020).
Currently, he is part of the AI4EU project to which he contributes with research
on integrative AI. He also works in the AIPlan4EU project which aims to bring
AI planning to the European AI on demand platform. Key contributions are in the
area of constraint-based planning and human-aware planning and domain modeling
for integrative AI.
Articles in journals
- Köckemann, U. , Alirezaie, M. , Renoux, J. , Tsiftes, N. , Ahmed, M. U. , Morberg, D. , Lindén, M. & Loutfi, A. (2020). Open-Source Data Collection and Data Sets for Activity Recognition in Smart Homes. Sensors, 20 (3).
- Alirezaie, M. , Renoux, J. , Köckemann, U. , Kristoffersson, A. , Karlsson, L. , Blomqvist, E. , Tsiftes, N. , Voigt, T. & et al. (2017). An Ontology-based Context-aware System for Smart Homes: E-care@home. Sensors, 17 (7).
- Schwaneberg, O. , Köckemann, U. , Steiner, H. , Sporrer, S. , Kolb, A. & Jung, N. (2013). Material classification through distance aware multispectral data fusion. Measurement science and technology, 24 (4).
- Chimamiwa, G. , Alirezaie, M. , Banaee, H. , Köckemann, U. & Loutfi, A. (2019). Towards Habit Recognition in Smart Homes for People with Dementia. In: Ioannis Chatzigiannakis, Boris De Ruyter, Irene Mavrommati, Ambient Intelligence 15th European Conference, AmI 2019, Rome, Italy, November 13–15, 2019, Proceedings. Paper presented at 15th European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2019), Rome, Italy, November 13-15, 2019. (pp. 363-369). Springer Nature.
- Menicatti, R. , Recchiuto, C. T. , Bruno, B. , Zaccaria, R. , Khaliq, A. A. , Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. , Saffiotti, A. & et al. (2018). Collaborative Development Within a Social Robotic, Multi-Disciplinary Effort: the CARESSES Case Study. In: 2018 IEEE Workshop on Advanced Robotics and its Social Impacts (ARSO). Paper presented at 2018 IEEE Workshop on Advanced Robotics and its Social Impacts (ARSO), Genova, Italy, 27-29 September, 2018. (pp. 117-124). IEEE.
- Khaliq, A. A. , Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. , Saffiotti, A. , Bruno, B. , Recchiuto, C. T. , Sgorbissa, A. , Bui, H. & et al. (2018). Culturally aware Planning and Execution of Robot Actions. In: 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS). Paper presented at 25th IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Madrid, Spain, October 1-5, 2018. (pp. 326-332). IEEE.
- Köckemann, U. , Khaliq, A. A. , Pecora, F. & Saffiotti, A. (2018). Domain Reasoning for Robot Task Planning: A Position Paper. In: Alberto Finzi, Erez Karpas, Goldie Nejat, AndreA Orlandini, Siddharth Srivastava, PlanRob 2018 Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Planning and Robotics. Paper presented at 28th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling, Delft, The Netherlands, June 24-29, 2018. (pp. 102-105). ICAPS.
- Köckemann, U. , Tsiftes, N. & Loutfi, A. (2018). Integrating Constraint-based Planning with LwM2M for IoT Network Scheduling. Paper presented at Workshop on AI for Internet of Things (AI4IoT), Stockholm, July 15, 2018.
- Köckemann, U. , Alirezaie, M. , Karlsson, L. & Loutfi, A. (2018). Integrating Ontologies for Context-based Constraint-based Planning. In: MRC 2018 Modelling and Reasoning in Context. Paper presented at Tenth InternationalWorkshop Modelling and Reasoning in Context (MRC), Stockholm, Sweden, July 13, 2018. (pp. 22-29).
- Renoux, J. , Köckemann, U. & Loutfi, A. (2018). Online Guest Detection in a Smart Home using Pervasive Sensors and Probabilistic Reasoning. In: Achilles Kameas, Kostas Stathis, Ambient Intelligence. Paper presented at 14th European Conference on Ambient Intelligence, Larnaca, Cyprus, November 12-14. (pp. 74-89). Springer.
- Ahmed, M. U. , Fotouhi, H. , Köckemann, U. , Lindén, M. , Tomasic, I. , Tsiftes, N. & Voigt, T. (2018). Run-Time Assurance for the E-care@home System. In: Ahmed, MU; Begum, S; Fasquel, JB, Internet of Things (IoT) Technologies for HealthCare (HealthyIoT 2017). Paper presented at 4th International Conference on Internet of Things (IoT) Technologies for HealthCare (HealthyIoT 2017), Angers, France, October 24-25, 2017. (pp. 107-110). Springer.
- Köckemann, U. & Karlsson, L. (2017). Configuration Planning with Temporal Constraints. In: Proceedings of the 31st AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-17). Paper presented at Thirty-First AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-17), San Francisco, California, USA, February 4-9, 2017. AAAI Press.
- Renoux, J. , Alirezaie, M. , Karlsson, L. , Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. & Loutfi, A. (2017). Context Recognition in Multiple Occupants Situations: Detecting the Number of Agents in a Smart Home Environment with Simple Sensors. In: Knowledge-based techniques for problem solving and reasoning(KnowProS 2017) A workshop at AAAI 2017, February 5, 2017, San Francisco, U.S.A.. Paper presented at Workshop on Knowledge-Based Techniques for Problem Solving and Reasoning (KnowProS’17). (pp. 758-764). Palo Alto: AAAI Press.
- Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. & Karlsson, L. (2015). Inferring Context and Goals for Online Human-Aware Planning. In: International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI). Paper presented at 27th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI), Vietri sul Mare, Italy, November 9-11, 2015. (pp. 550-557). IEEE Computer Society.
- Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. & Karlsson, L. (2014). Grandpa Hates Robots - Interaction Constraints for Planning in Inhabited Environments. In: Proceedings of the 28th National Conference on Artifical Intelligence (AAAI 2014). Paper presented at 28th National Conference on Artifical Intelligence July 27–31, 2014 in Québec City, Québec, Canada. (pp. 2293-2299). AAAI Press.
- Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. & Karlsson, L. (2013). Expressive Planning Through Constraints. In: Manfred Jaeger, Thomas Dyhre Nielsen, Paolo Viappiani, Twelfth Scandinavian Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Paper presented at Twelfth Scandinavian Conference on Artificial Intelligence 20th to 22nd of November, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark. (pp. 155-164). IOS Press.
- Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. & Karlsson, L. (2012). Towards planning with very expressive languages via problem decomposition into multiple CSPs. In: Miguel A. Salido; Roman Barták, Coplas 2012 proceedings of the workshop on constraint satisfaction techniques for planning and scheduling problems. Paper presented at Constraint Satisfaction Techniques for Planning and Scheduling Problems (COPLAS), (ICAPS workshop), Atibaia, Sao Paulo, Brazil, June 25-29, 2012. (pp. 33-42).
Doctoral theses, monographs
- Köckemann, U. (2016). Constraint-based Methods for Human-aware Planning. (Doctoral dissertation). Örebro: Örebro university.