About Frida Fart
Frida Fart is a part of the research group The Ageing gut - in health and inflammation and the research school Successful ageing. Her doctoral project will investigate how older adults’ gastrointestinal health influence their well-being. Frida is starting her studies with a project looking at the prevalence of different types of gastrointestinal symptoms for older adults living independently in ordinary housing. She is also investigation late-onset inflammatory bowel disease in regards to exposome.
Articles in journals
- Fart, F. , Tingö, L. , Engelheart, S. , Lindqvist, C. M. , Brummer, R. J. , Kihlgren, A. & Schoultz, I. (2022). Gut Health and Its Association with Wellbeing and Nutrient Intake in Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Gastroenterology Insights, 13 (4), 349-364.
- Fart, F. , Salihovic, S. , McGlinchey, A. J. , Gareau, M. G. , Oresic, M. , Halfvarson, J. , Hyötyläinen, T. & Schoultz, I. (2021). Perfluoroalkyl substances are increased in patients with late-onset ulcerative colitis and induce intestinal barrier defects ex vivo in murine intestinal tissue. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, 56 (11), 1286-1295.
- Fart, F. , Rajan, S. K. , Wall, R. , Rangel, I. , Ganda Mall, J. P. , Tingö, L. , Brummer, R. J. , Repsilber, D. & et al. (2020). Differences in Gut Microbiome Composition between Senior Orienteering Athletes and Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Nutrients, 12 (9).
- Ganda Mall, J. P. , Fart, F. , Sabet, J. A. , Lindqvist, C. M. , Nestestog, R. , Hegge, F. T. , Keita, Å. V. , Brummer, R. J. & et al. (2020). Effects of Dietary Fibres on Acute Indomethacin-Induced Intestinal Hyperpermeability in the Elderly: A Randomised Placebo Controlled Parallel Clinical Trial. Nutrients, 12 (7).
- Fart, F. , Salihovic, S. , McGlinchey, A. J. , Oresic, M. , Halfvarson, J. , Hyötyläinen, T. & Schoultz, I. (2020). Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are significantly increased in patients with late-onset of ulcerative colitis. Journal of Crohn's & Colitis, 14 (Suppl. 1), S138-S139.
- Salihovic, S. , Dickens, A. M. , Schoultz, I. , Fart, F. , Sinisalu, L. , Lindeman, T. , Halfvarson, J. , Oresic, M. & et al. (2020). Simultaneous determination of perfluoroalkyl substances and bile acids in human serum using ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 412 (10), 2251-2259.
- Alexopoulou, S. , Fart, F. , Jonsson, A. , Karni, L. , Kenalemang, L. M. , Krishna, S. , Lindblad, K. , Loutfi, A. & et al. Kristoffersson, E. (ed.) & Nilsson, K. (ed.) (2018). Successful ageing in an interdisciplinary context: popular science presentations. Örebro: Örebro University.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Fart, F. (2022). The Ageing Gut, in Health and Disease. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Ganda Mall, J. , Fart, F. , Sabet, J. , Lindqvist, C. , Keita, Å. V. , Brummer, R. J. & Schoultz, I. Effects of dietary fibres on indomethacin-induced intestinal permeability in elderly : A randomised placebo controlled parallel clinical trial.
- Fart, F. , Tingö, L. , Engelheart, S. , Lindqvist, C. M. , Brummer, R. J. , Kihlgren, A. & Schoultz, I. Gut Health and its Associations to Well-being and Nutrient intake in Community-Dwelling Older Adults.
- Fart, F. , Amcoff, K. , Bergemalm, D. , Andersson, E. , Kalla, R. , Satsangi, J. , Lindqvist, C. M. , Halfvarson, J. & et al. Loss of tolerance to microbial antigens in preclinical Crohn’s disease differs with age at diagnosis : A twin study.