About Jenny Windahl
Jenny Windahl is a registered nurse, she has a Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Nursing - Primary Health Care, and a PhD in Nursing Science. Since 2011, Jenny has been working as a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Health Sciences, Örebro University.
Jenny is the Program Director for the Specialist Nursing program in Primary Health Care and as Program Coordinator for the Specialist Nursing Programs in Primary Health Care, Occupational Health Nurse, and Paediatric Care.
Jenny has extensive experience of teaching at undergraduate- and advanced level in nursing care, and specialist nursing care. She has assignments as a course coordinator and examiner, mainly within for the Specialist Nursing Programs in Primary Health Care, and Occupational Health Nurse. She supervises undergraduate and advanced level Degree Projects as well as in postgraduate education.
Research focus / current projects
Jenny Windahl defended her Doctoral Thesis at Karolinska Institutet in 2005; "Life situation after stroke - the spouses' perspective".
Jenny is part of two research environments. Care about Caring is a research environment focusing on interventions for relation-centred care, and the conditions for such care i.e. professional development and learning. Within the research environment Older people's health and living conditions - from cell to society, the research ranges from the cellular level to studies in health and living conditions of older persons in the community.
Jenny was the main supervisor of Jörgen Medin who defended his Doctoral Thesis "Eating situations among women and men post-stroke" in 2010. Jenny was also co-supervisor to Marianne Lindh who took a Degree of Licentiate in 2014; "Adherence to hygiene routines in community care: the perspective of medically responsible nurses in Sweden", and Anida Fägerstad who defended her Doctoral Thesis in 2019; "No-shows in dental care : perspectives on adolescents' attendance pattern ". As a continuation of Anida's PhD-project, a series of studieswith a focus on health literacy are planned among young people in dentistry.
Articles in journals
- Fägerstad, A. , Lundgren, J. , Windahl, J. & Arnrup, K. (2019). Dental avoidance among adolescents: a retrospective case–control study based on dental records in the public dental service in a Swedish county. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, 77 (1), 1-8.
- Sundler, A. J. , Blomberg, K. , Bisholt, B. , Eklund, A. , Windahl, J. & Larsson, M. (2019). Experiences of supervision during clinical education among specialised nursing students in Sweden: A cross-sectional study. Nurse Education Today, 79, 20-24.
- Lindh, M. , Holmström, I. K. , Perseius, K. & Windahl, J. (2016). Enhancing adherence to infection control in Swedish community care: Factors of importance. Nursing and Health Sciences, 18 (3), 275-282.
- Ulfvarson, J. & Windahl, J. (2016). The urgent need for innovative changes in the health-care system: A challenge for nursing and nursing research. Nordic journal of nursing research, 36 (2), 112-114.
- Fägerstad, A. , Windahl, J. & Arnrup, K. (2016). Understanding avoidance and non-attendance among adolescents in dental care: an integrative review. Community Dental Health, 33 (3), 195-207.
- Liedström, E. , Kihlgren, A. , Skovdahl, K. & Windahl, J. [. (2014). Being a Next of Kin: experiences of Burden and Quality of Life. Open Journal of Nursing, 4 (4), 275-286.
- Windahl, J. , Kihlgren, A. , Liedström, E. & James, I. (2014). To maintain older family members lifestyle and self-identity for a meaningful daily life in nursing homes and home care: The relatives’ perspective. Clinical Nursing Studies, 2 (4), 129-142.
- Liedström, E. , Skovdahl, K. , Isaksson, A. , Windahl, J. [. & Kihlgren, A. (2014). Understanding the next of kin’s experience of their life situation in informal care giving of older persons. Clinical Nursing Studies, 2 (1), 53-63.
- Medin, J. , Windahl, J. , von Arbin, M. , Tham, K. & Wredling, R. (2012). Eating difficulties among patients 3 months after stroke in relation to the acute phase. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68 (3), 580-9.
- Gustafsson, M. , Windahl, J. & Blomberg, K. (2012). Ten years follow-up of trauma-related psychological distress in a cohort of patients with acute traumatic hand injury. International Journal of Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing, 16 (3), 128-135.
- Medin, J. , Windahl, J. , von Arbin, M. , Tham, K. & Wredling, R. (2011). Eating difficulties among stroke patients in the acute state: a descriptive, cross-sectional, comparative study. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 20 (17-18), 2563-2572.
- Medin, J. , Larson [Windahl], J. , von Arbin, M. , Wredling, R. & Tham, K. (2010). Elderly persons' experience and management of eating situations 6 months after stroke.. Disability and Rehabilitation, 32 (16), 1346-1353.
- Medin, J. , Larson [Windahl], J. , von Arbin, M. , Wredling, R. & Tham, K. (2010). Striving for control in eating situations after stroke. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 24 (4), 772-80.
- Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Larson [Windahl], J. , Murray, V. , Wredling, R. & Billing, E. (2008). A randomized controlled trial evaluating the effect of a support and education programme for spouses of people affected by stroke. Clinical Rehabilitation, 22 (8), 722-30.
- Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Laska, A. , Larson [Windahl], J. , Wredling, R. , Billing, E. & Murray, V. (2008). Predictors of life situation among significant others of depressed or aphasic stroke patients. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 17 (12), 1574-1580.
- Larson [Windahl], J. , Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Billing, E. , von Arbin, M. , Murray, V. & Wredling, R. (2008). The impact of gender regarding psychological well-being and general life situation among spouses of stroke patients during the first year after the patients' stroke event: a longitudinal study. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 45 (2), 257-265.
- Jäghult, S. , Larson [Windahl], J. , Wredling, R. & Kapraali, M. (2007). A multiprofessional education programme for patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a randomized controlled trial. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, 42 (12), 1452-1459.
- Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Larson [Windahl], J. , Murray, V. , Wredling, R. & Billing, E. (2007). Predictors of psychological health in spouses of persons affected by stroke. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 16 (5), 885-891.
- Larson [Windahl], J. , Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Billing, E. , Arbin, M. , Murray, V. & Wredling, R. (2005). Predictors of quality of life among spouses of stroke patients during the first year after the stroke event. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 19 (4), 439-445.
- Larson [Windahl], J. , Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Billing, E. , Murray, V. & Wredling, R. (2005). Spouse's life situation after partner's stroke event: psychometric testing of a questionnaire. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 52 (3), 300-306.
- Larson [Windahl], J. , Franzén-Dahlin, Å. , Billing, E. , Arbin, M. , Murray, V. & Wredling, R. (2005). The impact of a nurse-led support and education programme for spouses of stroke patients: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 14 (8), 995-1003.
- Windahl, J. , Björvell, C. , Billing, E. & Wredling, R. (2004). Testing of an audit instrument for the nursing discharge note in the patient record. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 18 (3), 318-324.
Chapters in books
- Windahl, J. (2015). Marketing 305: Services Marketing and Management – Innovate the service experience through design thinking. In: Cathy Gunn, Tom Cairns, Liz Ramsay, Reflections on Rethinking: the Classroom Interactive Teaching and Learning [He Kohinga Whakaaro Mo Te Ako]: A Collection of Teaching Cases from the 2014 CLeaR Fellows and Colleagues (pp. 19-23). Auckland, New Zealand: University of Auckland.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Larson [Windahl], J. (2005). Life situation after stroke: the spouses' perspective. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Universitetsservice US-AB.