About Johnny Karlsson
My role as a Research Coordinator is to coordinate the development the ongoing research activities in both the Nutrition-Gut-Brain Interactions Research Centre (NGBI) as well as the Örebro Nutrition and Physical Activity Research Centre for Optimal Health and Functionality through Life (NUPARC).
Among the many responsibilities that I have, I oversee administrative- and financial matters, I facilitate the neccessary means (in terms of money, personel, facilities and equipment) to keep research activities ongoing, I aid in the merging of research activities between the university and the county council hospital, I handle communication with business partners and society, etc.
My past experiences in research and eduction (a PhD in Biology, Animal Physiologi from Umeå University) and in university administration (5 years as a Rsearch Advisor at Grants Office in Örebro) is a hugh support in my everyday work. Knowledge about both sides of the coin has granted me the holistic view neccesary to bridge, integrate and coordinate activites from both camps.
Articles in journals
- Hoffmann, E. , Walstad, A. , Karlsson, J. , Olsson, P. & Borg, B. (2012). Androgen receptor-beta mRNA levels in different tissues in breeding and post-breeding male and female sticklebacks, Gasterosteus aculeatus. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 10.
- Berg, H. , Scherbak, N. , Liimatta, H. , Hoffmann, E. , Karlsson, J. & Olsson, P. (2009). Characterization of antibodies for quantitative determination of spiggin protein levels in male and female three-spined stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus). Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 7 (1).
- Koskinen, J. , Karlsson, J. & Olsson, P. (2009). Sox9a regulation of ff1a in zebrafish (Danio rerio) suggests an involvement of ff1a in cartilage development. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology A, 153 (1), 39-43.
- Olsson, P. , Berg, A. H. , von Hofsten, J. , Grahn, B. , Hellqvist, A. , Larsson, A. , Karlsson, J. , Modig, C. & et al. (2005). Molecular cloning and characterization of a nuclear androgen receptor activated by 11-ketotestosterone. Reproductive biology and endocrinology, 3:37.
- von Hofsten, J. , Karlsson, J. & Olsson, P. (2003). Fushi tarazu factor-1 mRNA and protein is expressed in steroidogenic and cholesterol metabolising tissues during different life stages in Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus). General and Comparative Endocrinology, 132 (1), 96-102.
- von Hofsten, J. , Karlsson, J. , Jones, I. & Olsson, P. (2002). Expression and regulation of fushi tarazu factor-1 and steroidogenic genes during reproduction in Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus). Biology of Reproduction, 67 (4), 1297-1304.
- Karlsson, J. , von Hofsten, J. & Olsson, P. (2001). Generating transparent zebrafish: a refined method to improve detection of gene expression during embryonic development. Marine Biotechnology, 3 (6), 522-527.