About Katarina Lindstedt
Katarina Lindstedt is a behavioural scientist, therapist, PhD and affiliated researcher at the School of Medical Sciences. She defended her doctoral thesis on adolescents and restrictive eating disorders in 2019. She works at Region Örebro County as a therapist at the Eating Disorders Unit, part of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services. She also has a part-time postdoc position and is linked to the University Healthcare Research Center (UFC).
Katarina Lindstedt’s research interests include psychiatry in general and eating disorders in particular. Other interests are clinical treatment research and qualitative methods. In her current research projects, she is examining conversations in interpersonal therapy using conversational analysis (CA), and conducting an interview study on subjective experiences of anorexia nervosa in relation to negative energy balance.
Articles in journals
- Lindstedt, K. , Forss, E. , Elwin, M. , Kjellin, L. & Gustafsson, S. A. (2020). Adolescents with full or subthreshold anorexia nervosa in a naturalistic sample: Treatment interventions and patient satisfaction. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health, 14 (1).
- Lindstedt, K. , Neander, K. , Kjellin, L. & Gustafsson, S. A. (2018). A life put on hold: adolescents' experiences of having an eating disorder in relation to social contexts outside the family. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 11, 425-437.
- Lindstedt, K. , Kjellin, L. & Gustafsson, S. A. (2017). Adolescents with full or subthreshold anorexia nervosa in a naturalistic sample: characteristics and treatment outcome. Journal of Eating Disorders, 5 (1).
- Choque Olsson, N. , Flygare, O. , Coco, C. , Görling, A. , Råde, A. , Chen, Q. , Lindstedt, K. , Berggren, S. & et al. (2017). Social Skills Training for Children and Adolescents With Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 56 (7), 585-592.
- Lindstedt, K. , Neander, K. , Kjellin, L. & Gustafsson, S. A. (2015). Being me and being us: adolescents' experiences of treatment for eating disorders. Journal of Eating Disorders, 3 (9).
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Lindstedt, K. (2019). A life put on hold: inside and outside perspectives on illness, treatment, and recovery in adolescents with restrictive eating disorders. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.