Linda ErikssonPosition: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences
Phone: No number available
About Linda Eriksson
Linda Eriksson is a Ph.D. student in Humanities with a subject specialisation in English. She is a member of the graduate school in Educational science with a focus on didactics (UVD). Her dissertation project concerns academic reading with a particular focus on the transition from upper secondary school to higher education.
Articles in journals
- Eriksson, L. (2023). Difficulties in academic reading for EFL students: An initial investigation. Language Teaching, 56 (1), 149-152.
- Eriksson, L. (2023). “Gruelling to read”: Swedish university students’ perceptions of and attitudes towards academic reading in English. Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 64.
- Eriksson, L. , Warnby, M. & Busby, N. (2023). Preparing students for academic reading in English: A comparative study of Swedish and Norwegian university-preparatory curricula. Paper presented at International Symposium on Comparative Didactics (ISCOD), Örebro, Sweden, January 11-12, 2023.
- Eriksson, L. (2022). Difficulties Involved in Academic Reading in English as a Foreign Language in Sweden. Paper presented at American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL 2022), Pittsburgh, USA, March 19-22, 2022.
- Eriksson, L. (2022). Does English 7 Prepare Students for Reading Academic English at University?. In: ASLA-Symposiet 7–8 april 2022 Abstractsamling. Paper presented at ASLA-symposiet 2022, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden, April 7-8, 2022. (pp. 30-30).
- Eriksson, L. (2022). Student Preparedness for Reading Academic Texts in English at Swedish Universities. Paper presented at The 31st Conference of the European Second Language Association (EuroSLA 31), Fribourg, Switzerland, August 24-27, 2022.
- Eriksson, L. (2021). Affective factors involved in reading course literature in English at university in Sweden. Paper presented at National Forum for English Studies, Södertörn University, Huddinge, Sweden, April 21-22, 2021.
- Eriksson, L. (2021). “It’s a difficult transition” - Academic Second Language Reading in English Amongst Swedish Upper Secondary School Pupils and University Students. Paper presented at European Conference on Educational Research (ECER 2021), (Online Conference), Geneva, Switzerland, September 6-10, 2021.
- Eriksson, L. (2021). Perceptions of and Attitudes toward Academic Reading in English amongst Swedish Students. Paper presented at Nordic Educational Research Association (NERA 2021), Odense, Denmark, November 3-5, 2021.
- Eriksson, L. (2021). Swedish Upper Secondary School and University Students' Perceptions of Academic Reading in English as a Second Language. Paper presented at British Association for Applied Linguistics 2021 Conference, (Online Conference), Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, September 9-10, 2021.
- Eriksson, L. (2019). Teachers’ and students’ attitudes and perceptions toward varieties of English in Swedish upper secondary school. In: Birgitta Ljung Egeland, Tim Roberts, Erica Sandlund, Pia Sundqvist, Klassrumsforskning och språk(ande) Rapport från ASLA-symposiet i Karlstad, 12-13 april, 2018. Paper presented at ASLA-symposiet 2018, Karlstad University, Karlstad, Sweden, 12-13 April 2018. (pp. 207-233). Karlstad: Karlstads universitet.
- Eriksson, L. (2016). The Effectiveness of Modified Inductive versus Deductive Teaching. Paper presented at 6th Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics Conference (FLTAL'16), International Burch University, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, May 12-14, 2016.
- Eriksson, L. (2016). The Effectiveness of Modified Inductive versus Deductive Teaching. Paper presented at 2nd Norwegian Graduate Student Conference in Linguistics and Philology (NoSLiP), Trondheim, Norway, October 6-7, 2016.