Rudolf AroTitle: Doctoral Student School/office: School of Science and Technology
Phone: +46 19 301471
About Rudolf Aro
My research project aims to investigate the current human and environmental exposure levels to unidentified PFASs. This will help to better understand of these compounds are released to the environment and that are their sources. The final stage is to identify these unknown substances. My background is in metrology, traceability and uncertainty analysis.
Articles in journals
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. , Jakobsson, K. & Yeung, L. W. Y. (2022). Extractable organofluorine analysis: A way to screen for elevated per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance contamination in humans?. Environment International, 159.
- Aro, R. , Ben Ayoub, M. W. , Leito, I. , Georgin, E. & Savanier, B. (2021). Calibration and Uncertainty Estimation for Water Content Measurement in Solids. International journal of thermophysics, 42 (3).
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. , Reber, I. & Yeung, L. W. Y. (2021). Combustion ion chromatography for extractable organofluorine analysis. iScience, 24 (9).
- Kaiser, A. , Aro, R. , Kärrman, A. , Weiss, S. , Hartmann, C. , Uhl, M. , Forsthuber, M. , Gundacker, C. & et al. (2021). Comparison of extraction methods for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in human serum and placenta samples-insights into extractable organic fluorine (EOF). Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 413, 865-876.
- Kaiser, A. , Forsthuber, M. , Aro, R. , Kärrman, A. , Gundacker, C. , Zeisler, H. , Foessleitner, P. , Salzer, H. & et al. (2021). Extractable Organofluorine Analysis in Pooled Human Serum and Placental Tissue Samples from an Austrian Subpopulation: A Mass Balance Analysis Approach. Environmental Science and Technology, 55 (13), 9033-9042.
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. , Chen, F. , Wang, T. & Yeung, L. W. Y. (2021). Fluorine Mass Balance Analysis of Effluent and Sludge from Nordic Countries. ACS - ES & T Water, 1 (9), 2087-2096.
- Aro, R. , Carlsson, P. , Vogelsang, C. , Kärrman, A. & Yeung, L. W. Y. (2021). Fluorine mass balance analysis of selected environmental samples from Norway. Chemosphere, 283.
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. & Yeung, L. W. Y. (2021). Organofluorine Mass Balance Analysis of Whole Blood Samples in Relation to Gender and Age. Environmental Science and Technology, 55 (19), 13142-13151.
- Aro, R. , Wajdi Ben Ayoub, M. , Leito, I. & Georgin, É. (2020). Moisture in Solids: Comparison Between Evolved Water Vapor and Vaporization Coulometric Karl Fischer Methods. International journal of thermophysics, 41 (8).
- Heinonen, M. , Bell, S. , Il Choi, B. , Cortellessa, G. , Fernicola, V. , Georgin, E. , Hudoklin, D. , Ionescu, G. V. & et al. (2018). New Primary Standards for Establishing SI Traceability for Moisture Measurements in Solid Materials. International journal of thermophysics, 39.
- Ayoub, M. W. B. , Aro, R. , Georgin, É. , Rochas, J. F. & Sabouroux, P. (2018). Quantification of free and bound water in selected materials using dielectric and thermo-coulometric measurement methods. Journal of physics communications, 2 (3).
- Ayoub, M. W. B. , Georgin, É. , Rochas, J. F. , Hubert, S. , Aro, R. , Neves, L. & Sabouroux, P. (2018). Quantitative determination of bound water in cardboard by measurement of dielectric permittivity. Measurement science and technology, 29 (2).
- Veigure, R. , Aro, R. , Metsvaht, T. , Standing, J. F. , Lutsar, I. , Herodes, K. & Kipper, K. (2017). A highly sensitive method for the simultaneous UHPLC?MS/MS analysis of clonidine, morphine, midazolam and their metabolites in blood plasma using HFIP as the eluent additive. Journal of chromatography. B, 1052, 150-157.
- Haiba, E. , Nei, L. , Kutti, S. , Lillenberg, M. , Herodes, K. , Ivask, M. , Kipper, K. , Aro, R. & et al. (2017). Degradation of diclofenac and triclosan residues in sewage sludge compost. Agronomy Research, 15 (2), 395-405.
- Takkis, K. , Aro, R. , Kõrgvee, L. , Varendi, H. , Lass, J. , Herodes, K. & Kipper, K. (2017). Signal Enhancement in the HPLC-ESI-MS/MS analysis of spironolactone and its metabolites using HFIP and NH4F as eluent additives. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 409 (12), 3145-3151.
- Hecht, M. , Evard, H. , Takkis, K. , Veigure, R. , Aro, R. , Lohmus, R. , Herodes, K. , Leito, I. & et al. (2017). Sponge Spray-Reaching New Dimensions of Direct Sampling and Analysis by MS. Analytical Chemistry, 89 (21), 11592-11597.
- Koch, A. , Aro, R. , Wang, T. & Yeung, L. W. Y. (2020). Towards a comprehensive analytical workflow for the chemical characterisation of organofluorine in consumer products and environmental samples. TrAC. Trends in analytical chemistry, 123.
- Bell, S. , Aro, R. , Arpino, F. , Aytekin, S. , Cortellessa, G. , Dell'Isola, M. , Ferenčíková, Z. , Fernicola, V. & et al. (2015). METefnet: Developments in metrology for moisture in materials. In: Bernard Larquier, 17th International Congress of Metrology, CIM 2015. Paper presented at 17th International Congress of Metrology (CIM 2015), Paris, France, September 21-24, 2015. EDP Sciences.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Aro, R. (2021). Organofluorine Mass Balance and Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substance Analysis of Environmental Samples and Human Blood. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. , Reber, I. & Yeung, L. W. Y. Combustion Ion Chromatography for Extractable Organofluorine Analysis.
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. , Jakobsson, K. & Yeung, L. W. Y. Extractable Organofluorine Analysis : a Way to Screen for Elevated Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substance Contamination in Humans?.
- Aro, R. , Eriksson, U. , Kärrman, A. & Yeung, L. W. Y. Organofluorine Mass Balance Analysis of Whole Blood Samples in Relation to Gender and Age.
- Kärrman, A. , Wang, T. , Kallenborn, R. , Langseter, A. M. , Grønhovd, S. M. , Ræder, E. M. , Lyche, J. L. , Yeung, L. W. Y. & et al. (2019). PFASs in the Nordic environment: Screening of Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) and Extractable Organic Fluorine (EOF) in the Nordic Environment. Copenhagen: Nordisk Ministerråd (TemaNord 2019:515).