Tor ArnisonPosition: Affiliated Researcher School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: No number available
About Tor Arnison
Tor Arnison is a licensed clinical psychologist and has a PhD in psychology. His doctoral thesis concerned the longitudinal interaction between sleep problems and pain in adolescents, and what factors may influence and explain the relationship.
He is currently working as a psychiatric epidemiologist at Region Örebro County.
Articles in journals
- Arnison, T. & Zhao, X. (2023). Do both the research community and the general public share an interest in the sleep–pain relationship, and do they influence each other?. Frontiers in Psychology, 14.
- Arnison, T. (2023). Prevention is better than cure: why early interventions for insomnia and chronic pain during adolescence should be a priority. Frontiers in Psychology, 14.
- Arnison, T. , Rask, O. , Nordenskjöld, A. & Movahed Rad, P. (2023). Safety of and response to electroconvulsive therapy during pregnancy: Results from population‐based nationwide registries. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica.
- Arnison, T. (2023). Sambandet mellan sömnbesvär och smärta hos ungdomar. Sömn och Hälsa (10), 13-25.
- Varallo, G. , Scarpina, F. , Arnison, T. , Giusti, E. M. , Tenti, M. , Rapelli, G. , Cattivelli, R. , Landi, G. & et al. (2023). Suicidal ideation in female individuals with fibromyalgia and comorbid obesity: prevalence and association with clinical, pain-related and psychological factors. Pain medicine.
- Arnison, T. , Schrooten, M. G. S. , Hesser, H. , Jansson-Fröjmark, M. & Persson, J. (2022). Longitudinal, bidirectional relationships of insomnia symptoms and musculoskeletal pain across adolescence: the mediating role of mood. Pain, 163 (2), 287-298.
- Zhao, X. , Arnison, T. & Knobel, P. (2022). Protective health behaviors and fear of social isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic: a public opinion perspective. Psychology, Health & Medicine.
- Arnison, T. , Schrooten, M. G. S. , Bauducco, S. , Jansson-Fröjmark, M. & Persson, J. (2022). Sleep phase and pre-sleep arousal predicted co-developmental trajectories of pain and insomnia within adolescence. Scientific Reports, 12 (1).
- Arnison, T. , Menon, J. A. , Malambo, C. & Nilsson, D. (2017). Posttraumatic Stress among women with HIV in Zambia. The Medical Journal of Zambia, 44 (2), 100-105.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Arnison, T. (2022). Tired of pain or so tired it hurts? Mechanisms and factors influencing the temporal relationship between insomnia and pain in adolescents. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Arnison, T. , Evans, B. , Schrooten, M. G. S. , Persson, J. & Palermo, T. M. Sex differences, negative mood and rumination in the effect of insomnia on musculoskeletal pain in adolescents.