Food and health
Meal ecologist Erica is recycling in Tanzania
Erica Sandberg is studying to be a meal ecologist – and runs an environmental company, Duniani. She looks forward to helping her native Tanzania using her acquired knowledge from Örebro University.
Using AI to optimise taste and nutrition in plants
Basil is being grown in a robotic cultivation testbed at Örebro University. Each plant is monitored by sensing technology, providing researchers with valuable big data. Data that can be then used together with artificial intelligence to determine how to...
Dill grown in greenhouses with UV light better tasting
Örebro researchers added UV light in the greenhouse to impact the flavour in dill – and it paid off. To understand why the dill tastes better, researchers have examined what happens inside the dill. The next step is to grow dill that not only tastes...
SEK 48 million to study plant-based protein
A shift from animal to plan-based proteins is necessary if we are to meet the sustainability goals set out in Agenda 2030. There is, however, a knowledge gap to be bridged in terms of why people opt to change their diet – and how doing so affects their...
Ongoing projects in Food and Health
- Improved sensory experience for elderly
- Preconditions for communication about healthy and sustainable food with youths
- Communication of "good" foods and healthy lifestyles
- MicroSens - Improving the sense of taste by altering oral microbiota
- Interaction between dietary protein and fibre fermentation - its functional consequences
- Political consumerism: Consumer motivation and action with special reference to food consumption and sustainability
- Mat i Sverige
- Using AI to optimise taste and nutrition in plants
- Lina Tingö