Housing for international visiting scholars
Housing for foreign guest researchers/visiting scholars are provided in Forskaren. The building is located on campus and the apartments come in three different sizes.
Address: Åstadalsvägen 1 H, 702 81 Örebro
- 31 small apartments, 23 m2, one room, kitchenette and bathroom. One single bed.
- 21 medium apartments, 31 m2, two rooms, kitchenette and bathroom. Two single beds in the bedroom.
- 4 large apartments, 39 m2, three rooms, kitchenette and bathroom. Two single beds in one bedroom, one single bed in the other bedroom.
The kitchenette and bathroom are identical in all apartments:
- The kitchenette has a fridge and freezer, cooker with oven and a worktop with a sink.
- The bathroom has a toilet, basin, shower and a cabinet.
Kitchen appliances and furniture are identical in all apartments, however, adapted to the size of the apartment and the number of people it caters for, for example when it comes to furniture and kitchen utensils.
Tenants are asked to bring their own bed linen. Duvets and pillows are provided. Please note, however, that the duvets and pillows are Swedish standard sizes which may differ from those of other countries. It is therefore possible to purchase a set of bed linen, along with two towels and a roll of toilet paper, for 175 SEK. The amount will be included on the first rent invoice.
If you wish to make this purchase, inform your supervisor who can enter the correct details on the form.
If you are interested in booking an apartment, contact the research administrator at your host school who will complete the necessary forms and keep you updated on the progress.
Payment of rent
If the visiting scholars pay the rent themselves the payment instructions are sent via email. If the school is paying, an internal invoice is sent. Always pay the sum that is specified on the invoice, since it is not possible to pay in advance.
Terms and conditions for visiting scholar apartments:
- The term of lease is a minimum of one month and a maximum of one year.
- The term of lease begins either on the 1st or the 16th of a month. The apartment will be available from 15:00 hours at the earliest.
- The term of lease ends either on the last day of a month or on the 15th. The apartment should be vacated by 12:00 at the latest.
- The keys should be collected at and returned to the reception desk in Entréhuset. Opening hours: Mondays – Thursdays 8:00–16:45 and Fridays 8:00–16:00.
- Remember that if you arrive during the weekend or on a public holiday you cannot move in until on the next working day.
- The term of notice is one month.
- The visiting scholar is responsible for the cleaning of the apartment on the day of departure according to the instructions. It is however possible to pay for that service.
- If you have a Mac computer without a TP socket you have to bring an adapter (Thunderbolt to Ethernet).
- For any other information, please see your rental agreement.
When you leave
When the tenant has moved out the Service Team will perform a cleaning inspection. The cost for this is already included in the rent. If the apartment has been left uncleaned, a full or partial clean is ordered from a cleaning company. The school is debited for this cleaning. If any replacement furniture or equipment is required in the apartment, this will be arranged by the Service Team. Replacements because of natural wear is included in the rent. Replacements due to damage is debited the school.