About Selma Salihovic
Selma Salihovic is a senior lecturer in Psychology and researcher affiliated to the Center for Lifespan Developmental Research (LEADER) at Örebro University, Sweden. Her research interest lie in the area of developmental psychology. Specifically, Selma is interested in the development of psychopathy in adolescents, and the factors that mitigate and exacerbate antisocial behavior.
Currently, Selma Salihovic is vice dean for strategic development and education at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Örebro University.
Selma is also a member of the operational steering group for PSF@ORU.
Articles in journals
- Bauducco, S. , Salihovic, S. & Boersma, K. (2019). Bidirectional associations between adolescents’ sleep problems and impulsive behavior over time. Sleep Medicine, 1.
- Salihovic, S. & Stattin, H. (2017). Psychopathic traits and delinquency trajectories in adolescence. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 39 (1), 15-24.
- Salihovic, S. , Özdemir, M. & Kerr, M. (2014). Trajectories of adolescent psychopathic traits. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 36 (1), 47-59.
- Salihovic, S. , Kerr, M. & Stattin, H. (2014). Under the surface of adolescent psychopathic traits: high-anxious and low-anxious subgroups in a community sample of youths. Journal of Adolescence, 37 (5), 681-689.
- Salihovic, S. , Kerr, M. , Özdemir, M. & Pakalniskiene, V. (2012). Directions of effects between adolescent psychopathic traits and parental behavior. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 40 (6), 957-969.
- Tilton-Weaver, L. , Kerr, M. , Pakalniskeine, V. , Tokic, A. , Salihovic, S. & Stattin, H. (2010). Open up or close down: how do parental reactions affect youth information management?. Journal of Adolescence, 33 (2), 333-346.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Salihovic, S. (2013). A developmental perspective on psychopathic traits in adolescence. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro universitet.