Thomas StrandbergTitle: Senior Lecturer School/office: School of Law, Psychology and Social Work
Phone: +46 19 303000
About Thomas Strandberg
Thomas has a PhD in Disability Research and is an Associate Professor of Social Work. Thomas has previously worked as an upper secondary teacher at the Health Care programme and within social care for people with intellectual disabilities. Thomas is involved in the research environments Social Work Studies and Disability research.
During November 2017 – April 2018 Thomas was a Visiting Research Fellow at Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research – Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research Group in Sydney, Australia.
Research interest/current research projects
In the research environment, Social Work Studies, Thomas is involved in research related to the research school Successful Aging – Newbreed, primarily through PhD students’ projects focusing on: Anti-discriminatory and indigenous social work practices towards addressing elder abuse in Uganda.
In the interdisciplinary research environment, Disability Research, Thomas is involved in a research project related to welfare consequences for individuals who have their driving license withdrawn due to visual field loss, and is conducted in collaboration with the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute. Another study focus on Supported employment from a gender perspective for people with mental and intellectual disabilities.
Thomas teaches within different educational programmes and courses at Örebro University and at different levels. From undergraduate level to postgraduate level, within the following subjects and areas:
- Social Work and Disability Care
- Disability research
- Research methods and qualitative method
- Leadership and organization
- Subject Representative of Social Work, 2018 – 2019.
- Expert in evaluation of rehabilitation for persons with traumatic brain injuries, at the Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Assessment of Social Services, 2017 – 2019.
- Member of the Swedish Network of Disability Researchers, 2007 – on going.
- Head of School, School of Law, Psychology and Social Work, 2013 – 2017.
- Director of Division, Activity and Health, 2009-2013.
- Board member of Nordic Network on Disability Research, 2009 – 2017.