Örebro University School of Business...
- ...was founded in 1991.
- ...forms part of Örebro University; one of the world's 400 top universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017.
- ...offers four subjects (business administration, economics, informatics, and statistics) all of which have been awarded "High Quality" by the Swedish Higher Education Authority.
Örebro University School of Business –
Creating knowledge and educating future professionals to address the challenges of business and society.
This is characterised by:
- A scientific approach to knowledge creation
- A close interaction between faculty, students, business and society
- An open, collegial and sustainable environment
Örebro University School of Business
In order to fulfil our mission, it is of great importance that our academic courses and degree programmes in business administration, economics, informatics and statistics are of high quality. This is something that Örebro University School of Business has achieved, according to both rankings and evaluations. In addition to our quality assurance procedures, we strive for our courses and programmes to be of high practical relevance, to create opportunities for international experience, and to ensure that our graduates are attractive to the job market. Students who wish to continue their academic career also have the possibility to do so at our school, since we offer doctoral education in all of our subjects.
Our research is nationally and internationally leading in several areas. It is carried out in an international environment together with researchers from all over the world. Our research is subject focused as well as interdisciplinary, which makes for diverse and exciting results.
Collaboration with community and business is very important to us. We cooperate with several companies and organisations when it comes to research - anything from financed professorial chairs and doctoral students to studies of empirical material. We work closely with the local community in order to include a number of practical features in our courses and programmes, such as educational visits, guest lectures, placements and degree projects. Inviting business enterprises and organisations to our campus to participate in fairs and exhibitions, networking and discussions about the improvement of our education and research is therefore a matter of course.