Application and Admission
Welcome to apply for an exchange semester at Örebro University! Here you will find information about nomination and application. During the application period, you will find the link to the application here,
Your home institution must officially nominate you as an exchange student before you can apply. The nomination deadlines are stated above. The link to the online form is sent to your home institution when nomination period opens.
Once nominated by your home institution, you will receive an email with information about the application process. If you have not recieved this email, you are not nominated and are not able to apply to Örebro University as an exchange student.
The online application to Örebro University includes information about admission, course selection, housing and participation in our orientation programme.
During the application period, the link to the application form will be published on this page.
To be able to assess your application, you need to add the following mandatory supporting document to the application.
- An official transcript of records written in English. The transcript of records must state all courses, grades and credits obtained at university level, both undergraduate/bachelor level and, if applicable for you, postgraduate/master level. The document need to be upploaded as a PDF-file.
If you apply for courses at the School of Music:
- Entrance test: Some courses require an entrance test (recordings). Please send it to . Students on exchange within the Linnaeus-Palme program do not have to send recordings.
Please note that no English language certificate is necessary.
Letter of Acceptance
You will recieve a letter of acceptance and a list of your selected courses 3-4 weeks after the application deadline. The documents will be sent to the email address that you stated in your application.
If you don't meet the prerequisites for your selected courses, we will contact you to discuss your course selection. Please check your email, including your spam folder, regularly.
Learning Agreements for Erasmus+ students
If you are an exchange student within the Erasmus+ programme, your Learning Agreement will be signed at the earliest in the beginning of December (for the spring semester students) and at the earliest in the beginning of June (for the autumn semester students). Please do not send the Learning Agreement in advance, we will not be able to sign it.
It is the study advisors of the school to which the majority of your courses belong that will sign it, please find the contact information below.
- Örebro University School of Business (Business administration, economics, statistics, informatics, and health and welfare administration):
School of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences
(Languages, history, literature, rhetoric, philosophy, media and communication studies, digital media design, film studies, working life education, special education, education, gender studies, sociology, political science, and human geography):
- School of Health Sciences (Health and medical care, sport science, audiology, and occupational therapy):
- School of Music, Theatre and Art (Music, acting and drama, and art for teachers):
Depending on where you come from, you may need to apply for a residence permit and/or an entry visa before you come to Sweden. If so, please make sure to apply as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance. In the information below you find information about requirements for visa, depending on what citizenship you have.
Please note that Örebro University cannot assist you in the visa/residence permit application process.