Application and Admission
Welcome to apply for an exchange semester at Örebro University! The application form is available on this page during the application periods.
When your coordinator at your home university has nominated you, you will receive an email with detailed information about the application process. If you have not recieved this email, you are not nominated and are not able to apply to Örebro University as an exchange student. You find information about the nomination and application period in the red box to the right.
The online application to Örebro University includes information about admission, course selection, housing and participation in our Orientation Programme.
Mandatory supporting documents
For us to be able to assess your application, you need to add the following mandatory supporting documents to the application.
- An official transcript of records written in English. The transcript of records must state all courses, grades and credits obtained at university level, both undergraduate/bachelor level and, if applicable for you, postgraduate/master level. The document should be upploaded as a PDF-file, no hard copies are needed.
- For Music students only: Your recordings should contain two instrumental/vocal pieces. The recordings have to be sent via email to . For questions about the recordings, please contact the School of Music. Students on exchange within the Linnaeus-Palme program do not have to send recordings.
Please note that no English level certificate is necessary.
Letter of Acceptance
We might contact you during the weeks after the application deadline to discuss your course selection, if we see that you don't meet the prerequisites. Please be aware of this and check your email, including your spam folder, regularly.
You will recieve information about admission via email about 3-4 weeks after the application deadline. We will send your Letter of Acceptance and course list to the email address that you stated in your application.
Learning Agreements for Erasmus+ students
If you are an exchange student within the Erasmus+ programme, your Learning Agreement will be signed at the earliest in the beginning of December (for the spring semester students) and at the earliest in the beginning of June (for the autumn semester students). Please do not send the Learning Agreement in advance, we will not be able to sign it.
It is the study advisors of the school to which the majority of your courses belong that will sign it, please find the contact information below.
- Örebro University School of Business (Business administration, economics, statistics, informatics, and health and welfare administration):
School of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences
(Languages, history, literature, rhetoric, philosophy, media and communication studies, digital media design, film studies, working life education, special education, education, gender studies, sociology, political science, and human geography):
- School of Health Sciences (Health and medical care, sport science, audiology, and occupational therapy):
- School of Music, Theatre and Art (Music, acting and drama, and art for teachers):
Depending on where you come from, you may need to apply for a residence permit and/or an entry visa before you come to Sweden. If so, please make sure to apply as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance. In the information below you find information about requirements for visa, depending on what citizenship you have.
Please note that Örebro University cannot assist you in the visa/residence permit application process!